Chapter 18

The Zhang family hurried to the pond in the village before they could pack their things. They were all in a hurry, leaving only the second daughter-in-law of the Zhang family to take care of the eldest daughter-in-law of the Zhang family who passed out.

    Yang Shifeng also straightened up, frowning as he watched the Zhang family's retreating backs. The pond in the village is very deep. Usually, only some women wash clothes by the pond, but they always warn their children not to play in the pond, because people have drowned in the pond, but many children are disobedient. They always like to sneak into the pond to play, which causes children to drown every year, but he didn't expect it to happen again this year. It must be that the child secretly ran to play in the water when the adults were not at home.

    Hey, he remembered that the Zhang family's little boy was only seven years old this year. If such a young child went, the Zhang family would probably cry to death.

    At this moment, Yang Shifeng suddenly remembered the child who was hit by a carriage when he went to town last time. The doctor also told him that he was going to die, and he was rescued in a few dozen strokes.

    That's right, Shíyī!

    Yang Shifeng suddenly remembered Shíyī superb medical skills, and Shíyī might have a solution!

    "Shíyī, let's go take a look!" Yang Shifeng said to Shíyī as he ran up the field.

    Shíyī raised her eyelids lazily, "What are you going to do?"

    Yang Shifeng threw the sickle to the ground, squatted in front of Shíyī and looked at her, "Shíyī, the eldest grandson of Zhang Wubo's family, Xiaosheng, fell into the water, I'm worried let's go and see, maybe we can save it."

    Shíyī blinked, looked at Yang Shifeng and asked, "Will you save it?"

    Yang Shifeng was stunned, pursed his lips and shook his head, "I won't, but you will."

    "Heh-" Shíyī chuckled and continued to fan with the leaves, "But I don't want to go."

    "Ah? This..." Yang Shifeng scratched his head, thought about it, and touched her gently. He touched Shíyī hair and coaxed: "Shíyī, that child is about to die. He is only seven years old. He still has a long way to go in the future. It's a pity to leave like this, let's go and have a look, shall we?"

    It is a pity that there is no kindness in Shíyī temperament. Yang Shifeng told her that it was a pity that it was nothing. If Shíyī finds a person very pleasing to the eye, she might even try to save her, but unfortunately, she has a bad impression of the Zhang family. She didn't forget what the Zhang family woman was saying to her just now. She heard every word, and it would be nice if she didn't trouble the woman.   

        Shíyī opened Yang Shifeng's hand, "Unfortunately, What do I have to save it?  why should I save it? Don't tell me that saving a life is better than building a seventh-level pagoda. I don't believe it." 

   Shíyī words made Yang Shifeng sigh He took a breath, rubbed his hands, and didn't know what to say. It was indeed Shíyī freedom to save or not. Since Shíyī was unwilling, then forget it. He didn't want to force Shíyī.     Yang Shifeng once again glanced in the direction where the Zhang family was gone, and shook his head regretfully.   

  Shíyī also looked in that direction and couldn't help but say, "Yang Shifeng, that child has nothing to do with you, why do you care so much? You are really a good person." 

   Yang Shifeng choked, he never thought he was a good person, he just felt It would be a pity to die like this with such a small child, is this a good person?