Chapter 44

In the evening, Shíyī sat on the table in the room and counted today's account by candlelight, while Yang Shifeng counted.

"15 catties of soy sauce, 20 candles, 13 knives of straw paper, 5 catties of vinegar..."

Shíyī wrote down Yang Shifeng's report and wrote everything on the back " After you have recorded all the things you sold, add all the profits together, and you will earn a total of 3,300 pennies, that is, 3 taels of silver plus 300 pennies."

Shíyī is quite satisfactory. In this place, one can earn more than three taels of silver a day, which is already a large amount. Some people don't save less than three taels of silver a year.

Shíyī showed Yang Shifeng the ledger, "we made a lot of money today, more than you earned from hunting."

Yang Shifeng shook his head after just glanced at it, "Today is the first day of opening, everyone is here to join in the fun, If you buy a little from the west, you will sell more in total, and there must not be so much business in normal times."

Shíyī agreed, "It is true, but even if there are not so many people coming, as long as ten people can come a day, the money can be made. It's better than a man going out to work hard."

Yang Shifeng nodded. , It is true, just like his second uncle, when he is free, he goes to the town to carry bags for others, and only twenty pennies a day is credited, which is quite high. And to open this shop, even if no one comes, the daily income is more than twenty pennies.

"By the way, is there anything that everyone wants to buy today that our store doesn't have?"

"Yes, many people wanted to buy some pork, but we didn't have it."

"Pork? Ah, pork!" Shíyī suddenly remembered, How could such an important thing as pork be forgotten? We can't eat vegetables every day at home. Meat is a must. In the past, there was meat in every meal because Yang Shifeng often went hunting in the mountains, so Shíyī could often eat wild animals. Pork was only occasionally bought in town and came back to cook. But now that Yang Shifeng is no longer hunting in the mountains, she will naturally not be able to eat meat. If Shíyī wants to eat meat in the future, they will have to buy pork.

Could it be that we can only go to town to buy pork every once in a while before we can taste the meat and fish at home.

Shíyī felt that she could not stand such a meatless day, "Yang Shifeng, what meat will our family eat in the future?"

Yang Shifeng paused . He also remembered this at this time. He will stop hunting in the future, and naturally there will be no meat to eat at home. He does not go to the town to buy goods every day, but every ten days and a half months. Eat meat once a day and a half a month? Even if he and grandpa could stand it, Shíyī would definitely not be able to.

It is impossible for him to let Shíyī live such a hard life.

"Do you mean that our family will also sell pork in the future?"

Shíyī nodded and said, "If people in the village want to eat meat, or if there are guests at home, they have to travel thousands of miles to the town to buy some pork. Our store doesn't have it. Don't they still have to go to the town, if we also sell some pork along the way, everyone doesn't have to go to the town, the most important thing is that our family has to eat it."

Yang Shifeng frowned and thought.

Shíyī said again: "Although pork can't be stored, we can buy a little less every day. If we can't sell it, we can eat it at home. If there is more leftover, we will eat more. If there is less leftover, we will eat less. It doesn't hurt to eat."