XII - Marcel's Rules

So, this is my version of what happened when Marcel set the rules, and carried out the first public execution. :) I thought about it for a long time.

I hope you guys like it.

__________________________________________________________________

Chapter Twelve

"So what exactly are we doing?" Thierry asked, playing with his keys in his pocket in an attempt to distract himself.

"The witches attacked both you and Diego, and tried to do the same thing to Rose," Marcel said, turning a corner as we all followed behind him. "They're going to pay for that."

He was being strangely calm about this. We didn't know if he was about to start a war, kill every witch in the quarter, or just warn them. Either way, he should be a lot more nervous for whatever was about to happen.

"What are you going to do?" I asked curiously, as well as nervously.

"I'm gonna show them what happens if they mess with any of the humans or my guys again," he said, and this time, his tone was dark and cold. At this point, I had no idea what he was going to do.

We kept walking until we reached the Cauldron. Marcel's inner circle took over, compelling all of the humans to leave until the witches were the only ones left. There were women and men, as well as children.

Marcel walked to the middle of the street, and pulled something from inside of his coat. A vine? He had a vine in his jacket? What the hell?

"Tell me," He called out, loud enough for the waiting witches to hear. "Who stabbed one of my guys?"

When no one moved forwards, he smirked. "Fine," He chuckled. "Have it your way."

I glanced over at Diego, who cringed at that sentence, likely remembering when Agnes had said the exact same thing to him before she plunged a vervain-soaked knife into his abdomen.

Marcel's guys quickly went off, going into the buildings and ripping things apart like they usually do. But this time, it was different. This, what they were doing right now, this was personal. They were angry about Thierry's near death, and now, they had a way to get rid of that anger.

I truly didn't care what they did, as long as they didn't kill anyone. Or hurt any of the younger people.

Well, I suppose I spoke too soon.

A few feet away from me, one of the newer vamps was pulling out a child from one of the stores. The poor girl looked terrified; she couldn't have been more than seven years old. The fact that he laid a hand on her simply made me want to end him completely. But I didn't.

Instead I walked up behind him, grabbed his right wrist, and promptly snapped his entire forearm in half. He yelped, letting go of the girl so that he could cradle his injured wrist. I took the collar of his jacket in my hands, and yanked him to stand in front of me and look me straight in the eye.

"Do you really think that a little kid is the one who stabbed Thierry?"

He shook his head violently.

"No? Well then I suggest you walk away right now, while you still have legs to walk with," I growled out, throwing him off to the side as he stumbled away. When I was sure that he wouldn't come back, I turned back to look at the girl.

My mouth almost dropped open. Her arms were littered with faded bruises. They looked to be in the shapes of fingers and hands. When she saw that I was staring at the bruises, she pulled her sleeves down. But she couldn't cover the ones on her face. The faded purple bruise on her cheek was more than a little obvious.