XIII - Take A Risk

OKAY. So. Three things.

1. I have realized that the pronunciation of Roseia may be a little difficult. It is pronounced Ro-Zaya. :) I hope that clears it up for everybody.

2. I MADE A TRAILER YAYYYYYYY It kinda sucks but oh well. :) PLEEEEEEASE WATCH IT!

3. The song for this chapter is "Raging Fire" by Phillip Phillips. :) And the video is one that was directed by Kurt Hugo Schneider, one of the most awesome people on the face of the earth. So yeah, make sure you watch it! I can't add it cause I already added the Eternal trailer. :/ Meh.

Enjoy! ^_^

___________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Thirteen

It had been two weeks since the ordeal with the witches, and they hadn't made a move since then. But they would.

I took Maria to a friend of Marcel's, a Treme witch that he had a strong alliance with. She wasn't involved with the Quarter witches, so we had no quarrel with her. I felt bad about leaving Maria after I had helped her, but I knew that she would be much more safe with this witch than with me.

We were now all sitting in a circle in the compound, late at night. Marcel and Diego were on the opposite side of the circle, while Thierry was on my right and a guy that I didn't know the name of was on my left.

Marcel seemed lost in thought, so I threw my bottle cap at him. It hit him square in the forehead. I laughed, and he glared at me, but couldn't stop the smile that forced it's way onto his face.

"Somethings on your mind Celly," I smirked. "Perhaps it's the psychology major who works at Rosseau's?"

Everyone laughed, and Diego nudged Marcel's shoulder. "He's got a little school boy crush." They laughed even louder, before the guy to my left turned to face me.

"What about you, new girl? Anyone catch your interest?" He smirked.

My eyes widened, and he chuckled at my reaction.

"Uh... No, not really..." I replied.

I could feel Diego watching me intensely, but I avoided his eyes at all costs.

"C'mon, there's gotta be somebody," someone else said from the other side of the circle.

"Uh... Thierry!" I smirked. "I mean, who wouldn't fall in love with this rascal?" I ruffled his hair, and everyone burst out laughing. They knew it was a joke.

Thierry wiggled his eyebrows, stretching his arm over my shoulders with a smirk. "Sorry friend, I'm taken." He winked at me, and everyone started to congratulate him. This was the first we had heard of his relationship with Katy, and apparently, it was going well.

I had them distracted, so I decided to take a temporary leave. "I'm gonna go get some more drinks. Anybody want anything?" I asked, getting a couple replies and thank you's for making the trip. Marcel's inner circle may be a group of impulsive and violent beings, but they were polite, and most of them were very kind.

I went into the main living room, where a bar was set up on the opposite side from the entrance. I grabbed the bottles that I needed, then walked back out and handed the bottles to the others. I noticed that Diego was gone, but took no thought of it.

"I think I'm gonna go to bed, guys," I yawned a little. "I'm getting pretty tired."

Some of the guys teased me about not staying up til 3am like I usually do, but they all said goodnight anyway.