LXXXIX - Blocked

So it's almost one in the morning and I'm updating because I'm feeling generous and the last chapter absolutely sucked. :') Kinda like this one.

Oh well. I hope you like it. :D

The song is "Chills" by Down With Webster. I think it fits the beginning of the chapter perfectly. ^_^

____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Eighty-Nine

I was struggling with my magic, and by now, everyone could see it. Even Nik knew that something was wrong, and he wasn't even here with us.

Nik had said that Esther was now either a full fledged vampire, or dead. The block is gone, I should have my power back, but I don't.

I set up a bonfire in the backyard, except, I hadn't lit it. I was planning to do that myself with a spell. So far, I had tried for an hour and nothing had happened. I was becoming frustrated, but I tried my hardest to concentrate.

"Still having trouble, I see," I heard him say from behind me.

I nodded. "It would be easier just to snap all the wood and be done with it."

"Have you tried a different method?" Elijah asked, moving to stand by my side.

"Like...?" I asked, staring down at the pile of wood.

"Like not thinking about the block," he stated.

"What?" I asked.

"Think about it. You are being blocked by Esther," he said.

"But the block is down," I said. Didn't he know that?

"Exactly."

I raised an eyebrow at him, and he continued.

"Roseia, you aren't thinking about the magic, you're thinking about the block."

I bit my lip, knowing that he was right.

"Okay, so... How do I stop doing that?" I asked him.

"Don't think about your magic, Rose. Feel it."

I swallowed. I wasn't sure how I could do that. I know that you need to just feel the power and not think of it, but I have thousands of different feelings in my mind right now. How can I focus on one of them?

Elijah saw my unsure expression, so he told me to turn to the wood. I did, and he took a step so that he was behind me.

"There is a barrier in your mind, a barrier between your thoughts and your power. All you have do, is break it," he told me. "Think of one thing, Roseia. Just one thing. Focus on it and don't let it go."

As he kept speaking to me, I found my thoughts drifting away. Everything that worried me or bothered me was pushed to the back of my mind. Only the good thoughts remained.

There were thoughts of Nik and Rebekah, Hope and Hayley, but above all, there was Elijah. He was the thing that I needed most.

He was right behind me, and he was moving his arm so that his hand was on the back of my palm. Then his left arm moved around my waist. Somehow, he knew that him being near me would give me the strength that I needed. And it did.

I felt my heartbeat increase, and memories of he and I flooded my mind. Being with him, his family, helping them, and just knowing them had changed me forever in the best ways possible. But I would be lying if I said that he wasn't the Mikaelson that had affected me to most.