XXIV - The Five

This one is loooong. o_o 2824 words. That's the longest chapter I've ever written for this story. :')

The song for this chapter is the remix of "Monster" by Meg & Dia. It matches the second half of the chapter. :)

Enjoy!

____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Twenty-Four

I reached the Abattoir a little over thirty seconds before Elijah, and perched up on the balcony railing, staring down at the two fighting men.

"You've been playing king with a bunch of children for too long!" Klaus said. "Don't mistake me for one of your nightwalker lackies, Marcel. I can take Davina any time I like."

I giggled when Marcel darted forwards, only to be thrown back by Elijah. "Do forgive me, Marcel," Elijah said, smiling softly at the astonished look on Klaus' face. "But if anyone is to teach my brother a lesson, it's me."

I sighed. "Eli, you're so slow!"

He narrowed his eyes at me playfully. "Well, I believe that I deserve a little slack, Roseia. Seeing how I've been in a coffin for what I believe to be more than three months."

I rolled my eyes. "Excuses, excuses."

Klaus raised a brow at my strangely bubbly attitude, turning to look at Elijah. "Tequila?"

Elijah sighed, nodding. "Tequila."

I pouted. "Only seven shots..."

Klaus smirked. "Lightweight," he said in between coughs.

I hopped off the railing, jumping beside Klaus, only to smack him on the back of the head. "Jerk."

He chuckled, shaking his head at me before I continued.

"Now, come on you two. We have to be getting home before Rebekah murders another maid."

"Home?" Klaus' eyebrows raised. "You mean..."

I sighed, exasperatedly. I began walking to the door, smirking at Marcel who was staring at us all with a confused expression. "Yes, Klaus. I'm coming with you," I glanced over my shoulder to look at him, and winked. "Try to keep up."

A few minutes later, I shoved the front door of the mansion open, and heard Rebekah let out a breath of relief. "Rose," she was surprised to see me. "You're-" She cut herself off when she saw Nik and the other Mikaelson brother, who had recently awoken from his slumber. She did something similar to what I had done, which consisted of her running forwards and hugging him tightly. "Elijah," she whispered, the relief evident in her tone as she pulled away. "You're safe!"

I smirked, jabbing Nik in the ribs. "Eli, now that you're home, is your first plan to kill Nik?"

Elijah turned to look at me, smiling softly. "Excuse me."

Klaus had a knowing expression, while Rebekah seemed confused as he walked past her. "Where's he going?"

I smiled, and followed after Elijah a moment later. I had to hold back a laugh when Hayley slapped Elijah across the face. She explained herself, and I nearly lost it. "Don't make promises you can't keep," she told him. "Welcome home."

She walked past me, and I smirked at her while she smiled softly.

I went out onto the back porch, smiling at Elijah before giggling. "You really did deserve that."

He sighed softly, leaning against the porch railing, with the corners of his lips twitching up into a saddened smile. "Perhaps I did."

I smiled softly at him, leaning over the railing. "Don't worry. She'll come around. No matter what you've done, she'll never hate you."