LXVII - I'm Not Her

OH MY GOD THIS IS HORRIBLE. >_< This was legit the first thing that I wrote when I started this story (yeah, I got ahead of myself). Therefore, it's bad and not edited and just horrific and I AM SO SORRY.

But yeah. Anyway.

The song for this is "Til It Happens To You" by Lady Gaga. Of course, it is written in a different context than this chapter, but it still has the same meaning. You don't truly know what someone has been through unless you experience it yourself. And, for the record, that video makes me tear up every time. </3

I hope you like it, but you probably won't. In fact, you're likely all gonna hate me. :') Heehee.  

Byeeeeeee.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Sixty-Seven

Elijah and I both walked out into the middle of the abattoir, going near Klaus as the many vampires began to surround us. I wasn't nervous or scared, though. The three of us had fought odds greater than this many, many times.

"I thought this lot would've learnt their lesson," Klaus smirked.

"Well, they're not exactly renowned for their genius," Elijah said, adjusting his suit jacket a little as he looked around at all of the vampires with a dark and cold look in his eyes.

"Where's the ring leader of this circus?" Klaus said, speaking a little louder to them. "Too afraid to show his face?"

"I'm here," Marcel stated from the second floor, coming towards the balcony. "And I'm gonna give you one last chance to pack your stuff and get the hell out of my town."

I laughed when he said that New Orleans was 'his town'.

"You'll allow your men to rush to their deaths," Klaus said. "Again?"

"Look around!" Marcel shouted back at him, gesturing to everyone in the room. "Every vampire in the Quarter is coming out! They want their city back! No surrender this time. You're gonna have to kill us all."

"Okay," Klaus replied immediately. "I think I'll start with you."

"Fine," Marcel said. "Come and get me."

He ran off, and Elijah's jaw tensed. "If you don't kill him, I will."

"He's mine," Klaus said. "This won't take long."

Klaus ran after Marcel, leaving the two of us to deal with the vampires standing around us.

"Gentlemen," Elijah said, adjusting his suit jacket. "Shall we?" he asked, holding his hands out.

I grinned when they all began to run at us.

This is going to be very, very fun.

I slammed my hand into the chest of one vampire, who flew back and landed on a wooden table. I grabbed one of the broken legs of the table and threw it to Elijah, who grabbed it and staked a vampire in the heart. I took one of the legs and sent it straight through another one's chest, the end of the spike peeking through his back.

This cycle of vampires coming at us and either dying or being subdued continued for almost ten minutes.

"Are we done?" Elijah asked, walking around the abattoir beside me.

"Something's wrong..." I muttered.

"What?" he asked.

"Blood. Human blood. Someone killed Francesca's security detail."