CXV - Dahlia

I'M SO SORRRRYYYYYYY

SCHOOL GOT IN THE WAY OF MY WRITING

AND SO DID ANIME

GOD DAMMIT, JOJO

YOU'RE THE ONE WHO GOT ME ADDICTED TO OURAN

YOU RUINED ME

____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter One Hundred & Fifteen

"Now, Roseia, I-" Elijah said, before I let out a low growl and leapt from the bed, which caused him to immediately try to step in front of me.

Flashes of him forcing me to stay in that barrier and out of the whole Dahlia situation went through my mind, and with one angered grunt, I kicked Elijah in the center of the chest. He flew back a few feet, then landed on the floor in the hallway at Klaus' feet.

"Jo, please, I-" Klaus started.

I was in front of him in moments, and backhanded him across the face. "Don't you dare call me that!" I shouted.

I punched him the gut, then across the face the opposite way I had slapped him, and then, as the final blow, I sent one harsh uppercut to the bottom of his chin.

"Roseia!" Elijah shouted, struggling to his feet.

Before he could get to me, I pushed Klaus back once more, and his current placement was quite convenient for me. He fell back, tumbling down the stairs.

I didn't quite know why I was reacting the way I was. I didn't usually have this much anger in me. I didn't usually act this harsh, not to the two of them. Perhaps it was the venom. It still wasn't out of my system. Neither Elijah nor myself seemed to react well to wolf venom. Even I lost control of myself sometimes, especially my general powers. My strength was uncontrollable at this time, it appeared. And so were my emotions.

I stood there, at the top of the stairs. I watched Klaus groan and jump to his feet, blinking a few times before looking up at me in surprise when he saw I wasn't following him.

I didn't want to hurt him anymore. But as I remembered that he murdered Gia, stabbed Elijah with the most painful weapon on earth, possibly killed Rebekah, and did god knows what to Hayley... I decided that I didn't want to care about him anymore either.

"Niklaus, from this point on, you are dead to me," I said, swallowing as tears began to well up in my eyes while I thought of how painful Gia's death would have been. "After Dahlia is gone and out of your life, I promise you... I will be too."

He stayed completely silent, his lips parted like he wanted to apologize, but then he closed his mouth and looking up at me with a determined expression. He knew that a simple apology wasn't enough.

I turned to face Elijah, who was right behind me.

"I'm sorry," I stated. Of course I had wanted to hit him after everything he had done, but it wasn't right to do so. "The venom, it..."

He nodded to me. "I understand. Now... I believe that I should explain all that has happened," he said, looking over my shoulder to the bottom of the staircase with a cold expression. "I'm sure that my brother would be a better guide through whatever plan that insane mind of his has created, but I assume you would prefer not to speak with him."

I nodded, happy that he respected my need to be far from Niklaus at that moment.

We walked down the hallway to the study, and I glanced down at the floor to see the thin layer of salt spread in a line across the far half of the room. Elijah saw where I was looking.

"Roseia, you must know that we did that for-"

"I get it, Elijah. It's fine," I said, clenching my jaws slightly. "We can't worry about that right now."

And so, he attempted at explaining to me exactly what had happened with Niklaus and during the time that I was unconscious with the venom.

"Okay, so... Let me just get this straight. Klaus was on our side this entire time. Klaus linked himself to Dahlia then stabbed himself with the dagger as part of this master plan of his. The dagger made Nik as well as Dahlia go into the little magical coma. Freya tried to stab Nik with the white oak stake so that she could kill Dahlia too when she saw that the dagger was starting to melt. Nik woke up and stopped her, but Dahlia woke up at the same time. Dahlia almost stabbed him with the white oak stake that she took from Freya, but then left soon after, taking the stake and Freya with her. And while all that was happening, you stole from Davina the one chance as Regent that she had to bring back Kol, and tricked her into bringing back Esther. Then, you and Nik came back to talk to me before you went to the St. James Infirmary, where your dear mother is currently sitting with anti-magic shackles on her wrists and awaiting to be accepted as a bribe for her sister. Am I getting this right?"

Elijah blinked once, then nodded. "Yes, it seems you have the gist of it."

I sighed, taking a long drink of the glass of bourbon I had before setting it back down. "Now, tell me, where do I fall into all of this?"

"You will be here with Hope," he stated.

"What?" I asked, my eyebrow raised. "You don't want me to come with you?"

He nodded. "Well... Niklaus' actions were reckless and impulsive. I believe that you need to rest and get rid of the effects his bite may have had on you."

"I don't need to rest, I need to kill a fuc-"

"Roseia," he said calmly, in contrast to my angered and slightly rising voice. "You and I both know that killing Dahlia is the last thing that you yourself want to do."

I gritted my teeth a little, crossing my arms over my chest. "Fine. But I swear, if I can't feel you for even a second, I'm bolting."

He smiled a little. "I wouldn't have it any other way."

"Just so you know, if she hurts you guys, I'm perfectly willing to slam her face off the floor so many times that she'll think her skull is a basketball."

"I'm well aware," he chuckled. "Sometimes you remind me of Niklaus. Except, you are a somewhat good person that doesn't..." the smile began to fade. "That doesn't murder innocents."

I bit the inside of my cheek. "Elijah, I don't think I can forgive him. They say that time heals all wounds, but it can't. Not this one."

He looked down at the ground, shoving his hands into his pants' pockets.

"When this is over..." I swallowed. "We should cremate her."

He nodded in reply. "Yes, we should."

"We should put her ashes outside of the opera house," I told him. "She would like that," a small and saddened smile made its way onto my face.

"Yes, she most certainly would," he smiled back at me.

"Well... I suppose that the only thing left to do is get rid of Dahlia," I said. "Do you think you can do it?"

"I would by lying if I said that I had no doubts."

"You can do it," I smiled a little more. "I know you can."

I found it interesting that I had to reassure him that he could murder someone.

But then again, this wasn't just someone.

This was Dahlia.