XVI - Every King Needs An Heir

Filleeeeeerrrrrrr. ;)

__________________________________________________________________

Chapter Sixteen

"No," Klaus shook his head. "It's impossible. Vampires cannot procreate!"

"But werewolves can," Sophie commented. "Magic made you a vampire, but you were born a werewolf. You're the original hybrid, the first of your kind. And this pregnancy is... One of nature's loopholes."

Klaus seemed calm for a moment, before he suddenly turned around and began yelling. "You've been with someone else!" He shouted. I placed my hand on his chest, holding him back easily. "Admit it!"

"Hey!" Hayley said defensively. "I've spent days held captive in a freakin' alligator bayou because they think I'm carrying some miracle baby, don't you think I woulda fessed up if it wasn't yours?"

I sighed loudly. I know that this is kind of a big deal, but all these people need a nice few bottles of bourbon to help them calm the hell down. Except Hayley, of course.

"My sister gave her life," Sophie glared at me. "To perform the spell she needed to confirm this pregnancy. Because of Jane-Anne's sacrifice, the lives of this girl and her baby are now controlled by us," She stepped forwards. "If you don't help us take down Marcel, so help me, Hayley won't live long enough to see her first maternity dress." Hayley protested almost instantly, while I took a different course of action.

I lunged at Sophie, but Elijah, being the little noble killjoy he is, stopped me. 

"Enough!" He said to both myself and Sophie. "If you want Marcel dead, he's dead, I'll do it myself."

"You will not!" I shouted from beside him, but he ignored me. 

Jerk.

"No! We cant', not yet," Sophie said. "We have a clear plan that we need to follow and there are rules."

Klaus stayed silent for a moment, but when he finally did speak, his voice was low and sinister. "How dare you command me," his voice got louder. "Threaten me, with what you perceive to be my weaknesses! I won't hear any more lies!"

"Nik, please!" I said, and at the sound of my voice, he froze and turned to look at me. "I hate this situation as much as you do, but she isn't lying. Just... Listen," I begged, and he responded.

He slowly turned, and began to listen closely, the same as me. I saw the reaction on his face. He was stunned, and intrigued. But not angry. That is, until he turned around.

A tear had streaked down his face. I felt bad for him. He was a frustrated crier, which was one of the worst things. It made you look weak when in truth, you were about to rip someone's head from their shoulders.

"Kill her, and the baby," he stated. "What do I care?" He walked quickly out of the tomb.

I sighed in frustration as I watched Klaus leave. Elijah went after him, but I didn't. I stayed with the witches.

I turned back to Sophie. "You people really have a thing for hurting innocent people, don't you?" I asked, and Sophie glared at me. 

"You're one to talk," She said, and a moment later, my hand was around her throat, constricting her airway. She gasped, and clawed at my hands as she attempted to breathe. I heard her little friends behind me, but they didn't move.

"I have to go deal with Klaus. In the meantime, if any of you lay a finger on Hayley, I can promise that your remains will never be found," I growled out. I let her go, and she took a deep and needed breath before she went right back to glaring at me.