XCIV - Just One Night

THE NEXT CHAPTER I JUST

OH MY GOD

________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Ninety-Four

"I need to find him," I told her, and opened the door. She looked at me with her eyes wide.

"What? No! That's too dangerous!" Cami protested.

"I can handle Finn," I said. "Right now, you need to get out of here."

"What do I do? Where am I supposed to go?" she asked, and I knew that she was almost panicking.

"Go to the gas station, the one near the market. It has a payphone, use it and call Klaus. Tell him that Finn got here, and I'm going to help Elijah. We'll meet you there, but if you sense a threat of any kind, leave and head to New Orleans. Tell him..." I said, biting my lip. "Tell him we're coming home."

She nodded slowly, then looked back at the wheel. She tightened her grip and exhaled, staring out the windshield.

"Cami," I said, and she looked back at me. "He can't hurt you. I won't let him."

She swallowed and nodded to me. "Thank you, Rose."

"I'll see you at the station," I told her, then shut the door.

I looked down at Hope, and smiled sadly at her through the tinted window as Cami backed up and turned around. She drove down the road, and I wanted nothing more than for her and that child to be safe. I could only hope that they would be. I waited until the vehicle was out of sight before walking to the house.

The top level of the building was collapsing, so I needed to hurry. The entire thing was on fire, and the parts that weren't were either completely broken apart or singed to the color of charcoal. The windows and front door were blown out, glass and wood splinters littering the grass on the front lawn.

I went up the steps of the porch, careful to avoid the planks that were snapping and burning.

I knew that my suspicions of Finn were correct when I went in the front doorway. He was laying on the floor, the clothing on the left side of his body still slightly on fire and blood still seeping out of a wound that I was sure Elijah had inflicted. His skin was burned as well, so much that the wounds were almost bleeding. There was a dent in the wall behind him, and I knew that he had likely been thrown against it after the explosion.

He was dead, but for some reason, I couldn't shake the feeling that he wouldn't stay that way for long.

I went into Hope's playroom, and saw Elijah lying in the middle of it. His heartbeat was deadly slow, but he was an Original. Unlike a normal vampire, burning in the sun wouldn't kill him, but it hurt like hell.

I went over to him, hearing the ceiling above us start to crack. It was going to fall any second now.

I grabbed his left arm and put it over my shoulders, then lifted him up and led him out into the hallway. I dragged him out the front door and down the porch, and the second that our feet touched the ground, the second floor of the house went down onto the first. The building was nothing but a pile of burning wood and ashes.

I laid him on the grass, now taking this moment to finally look at him. He wasn't burned as badly as Finn, but that was probably just because he had healed. He had burns on his right arm and right hand, and when I saw that his daylight ring was missing, I knew that he had taken it off and likely caused the explosion in order to stop his brother. Thankfully, I had a few extra rings in my bag, which was in Cami's car. I also had some more in New Orleans. Knowing the Mikaelson's, I had made it a habit to keep extra rings on hand.