CII - Thunder & Lightning

Heyoooo. :) So this is the second snow day in a row for me. I'm REAAAAAAAAAAAAALLY hoping for a third one. :') Fingers crossed.

Enjoy!

____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter One Hundred & Two

Elijah took Rebekah upstairs so that the three siblings could speak alone, while I stayed downstairs with Freya. I came into the dining room, and she stood up when she saw me.

"I do believe this is the first time I've been able to speak with you alone," Freya smiled softly.

I nodded. "Yes, I think so."

She walked around the table to meet me. "When did you start showing your potential for magic?" she asked. "I'm just curious. I was about five years old."

I smiled a little. "My parents told me that when I was two years old, I got frustrated with one of my wooden toys for some odd reason, and it caught fire. I suppose that was when it first happened for me, but I didn't really train it until I was around four years of age."

She seemed intrigued. "I've never heard of anyone starting that young."

I shrugged my shoulders. "Well, I suppose I was just different. Maybe that was why the other witches seemed to hate me."

"Perhaps," she said. "Or maybe it was because they knew what you would become."

I watched her in silence for a second, then exhaled a long and deep breath before walking over to one of the tables in the dining room and pouring a glass of bourbon. I took a drink from it, then sighed and spoke. "Become what? A monster? A demon?" I licked the remaining liquid off of my lips. "A killer?"

"No. A savior," she said.

I turned to her, unsure of what to say. Then I walked over to my spot and put the glass down. I could hear their conversation upstairs, and I knew that Elijah and Rebekah had finally convinced Klaus to let Freya help Rebekah. Or, at least, stopped him from saying no.

"Freya, we need your help," I said. "Rebekah has been inhabiting the body of a rebellious and frankly quite sadistic witch that is attempting at retaking it. I barely know anything about body jumping, and whatever I do know... Well, I've never learned about a soul trying to reclaim it's body. I would be lying if I said that you weren't our only hope."

She seemed intrigued, then she smiled. "Of course. I'll see what I can do."

I grinned and led her to the stairs. We went up to the second floor, and went to one of the family rooms, where Elijah and Rebekah were awaiting Freya and Klaus was trying to give himself alcohol poisoning.

"Rebekah," Freya said, smiling as she walked over to her. Rebekah stood and met her, and Freya took her hands in hers. "It's good to see you again."

"And you," Rebekah replied. "Though, I'd prefer better circumstances."

"You needn't worry," Freya said as they both sat down. "Roseia explained the problem. I can help."

"Rather confident, aren't we?" Klaus said from his seat, where he was currently sulking and drinking more than usual. He didn't even face her.

Freya looked at him with an annoyed expression, then sighed and looked back at Rebekah. "The spirit of the host body is powerful, but I can cast a spell. Put you in a deep sleep, and then suppress this other essence. You'll be just fine," she smiled reassuringly.