XCV - The Vows

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVEEEEEEEEEEEE (Or whatever holiday you are currently celebrating)!!! :D

I have another chapter for you guys tomorrow. ;) I think you'll like it.

Okies. Well. Byeeeeee.

________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Ninety-Five

I hummed softly to myself as I clasped my necklace around my neck, the one that Elijah had given me so many months before. I was finally ready to watch Hayley get married.

I knew that she would be happy. She cared about Jackson, and she would learn to love him. The love where you know them and care for them, then begin to feel something so much stronger is the best kind of love. It's the kind where you would look at that person, and over time, your heart would go faster and faster each and every time that you see them. It was the greatest and strongest kind of love.

I went down the hallway, and almost burst out laughing when I saw Klaus in his room, struggling with his tie.

"It still surprises me that, after at least two hundred years of wearing them, you still don't know how to tie a necktie properly," I said, smirking at Klaus from the doorway of his bedroom. "It also surprises me that you take longer to get ready than any woman I've ever met."

He sighed and rolled his eyes at me, but couldn't help but smile. "And sometimes I wonder why I still keep you around."

"Because I'm flippin' delightful, that's why," I smirked at him. I walked over to him, pulling him away from his mirror and grabbing the tie. I tied it correctly, and he seemed very annoyed while I did so. "Oh, don't look at me like that," I laughed. "You know I'm right. You're a failure when it comes to these things."

He rolled his eyes again. "No, it's not that."

"Oh? So what exactly is your problem, then?" I asked, finally finishing with the tie. I crossed my arms over my chest and raised an eyebrow at him.

"I just thought that, after all the time you spent together, you and Elijah might be the ones standing at the altar," he smirked.

I smacked his chest, and he winced, then grinned. "Stop that," I said, then turned and walked to the doorway. He chuckled before following after me, and I went out into the hall, only to be met by Elijah.

He smiled when he saw me, then put his arm out to me. "Shall we, miss Sothaide?"

I grinned, and nodded. I hooked my arm with his, and we walked down the hall.

"Now, where on earth is your sister? I still haven't seen what she looks like now," I laughed.

He chuckled. "I have no idea. She said that she needed to help Kol with something... Perhaps we should be concerned?"

I shrugged. "She'll probably be back before it ends. Hopefully."

He simply nodded in reply, and I heard Klaus walk up beside us. He had a soft smile on his face, and kept giving us a sideways glance, followed by a smirk.

"Hey, Rose!" I heard someone call my name from behind me, and it took me a moment to realize it was Marcel. I turned slightly to look at him, then looked back to Klaus and Elijah.

"Go ahead," I said. "I'll meet you at the balcony."

They nodded in reply, and I saw Elijah narrow his eyes slightly at Marcel before reluctantly turning around.

Marcel walked up to me, and stood in front of me. "I... Uh... I wanted to ask you if you'd like to come live across the river with us."

I raised a brow. "Why would you want that?"