CLIX - Poisoned Hearts

I UPDATED THIS TWO WEEKS AGO AND WATTPAD NEVER POSTED IT

*PROCEEDS TO RAGE*

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter One Hundred & Fifty-Nine

His teeth were in my neck before anyone could stop him, and when Elijah ripped him away, Lucien was laughing.

I didn't hear much of anything after that. All of the sound seemed numb. There were loud bangs and something that sounded like a scream.

I felt cold hands on me, and I was lifted up. Air flew around me wildly, and then my feet hit the floor. I dropped down, and then forced my eyes open. I was already exhausted.

"Wh-What have you done?" I asked, though it came out as more of a growl.

I didn't know where I was, but I could already feel myself healing. My neck burned, but the fire was fading.

"You'll be dead by midnight," Lucien said, and I could practically see him smiling just from his tone of voice. "My bite has the ability to kill anyone."

Then he laughed. He sounded like a complete and utter maniac.

"Even an Original."

I tried to stand, but I was still too weak. I did not have an explanation as to why I was healing, but I knew that I was. Then it suddenly clicked.

Venom, such as the sort in Lucien's bite, needed to go to a creature's heart in order to kill them. It was the same with Klaus, and I had watched it a thousand times over. Of course, since I helped to save Rebekah over a year ago and had been nearly killed by Vincent's wife, Eva, I no longer had a heart for Lucien's venom to poison.

He continued to rant on and on, driving me more and more insane, until he finally said something about Aurora and how he'd be back later.

I heard more movement throughout the rest of the penthouse, but my mind was so far gone that I could hear and see nothing that made any sense.

Visions fluttered in front of my eyes. Images of the Mikaelson's flashed before my eyes and seemed to show nothing but darkness.

Images of Elijah dying appeared many times. Most of those images involved Lucien biting him, or tearing him apart. It was my worst fear and I was watching it play out a thousand times before me.

I heard voices, and soon I was able to make out what they were saying.

"I'll being taking Nik back to the penthouse. Rose will be staying here. I've had one of my witches make a boundary spell strong enough to hold her. She won't be going anywhere. You can have your fun with her later, love."

"Surely you'll join me?" Aurora said, her voice as cheery as it could be.

"Of course. That is, if she even lasts that long."

Footsteps were heard, and I succumbed to the darkness once again.

*

Days, maybe even weeks passed. I could feel my body struggling. What was more, I could feel multiple surges all throughout the city. Magic was being used, and it was to the extreme. I knew that it was Freya.

I dreamt that Elijah had come to save me, and then I would open my eyes and feel nothing but pain in my heart. Or rather, the spot in my chest where my heart was supposed to be.

I knew they were looking for me, but Lucien had probably hidden my location so well that no one could find me.

More people were talking at some point. They were men, and they sounded worried, but I did not have the energy in me to figure out exactly what they were saying.

I still didn't know where I was. When I opened my eyes, I saw only darkness. Then I blinked a few more times, and saw metal. Lots of metal. There were aluminum sheets and pipes, but they were rusted. It was only then that I realized I was in a factory. It was abandoned, and when I began to stand up, every movement I made seemed to echo.

I found that I was near a wall, and I ran my hands along it until I found a door. I pushed it open, and walked out into the night.

I saw hallucinations of shadows darting under the streetlights and in front of me. I wanted to curl up and hide, but I wanted to go home more. I needed to go home.

I made it to the compound with extreme difficulty, and by the time I was there, I could only see Freya. She was standing in the middle of the foyer, and a circle of dust was in front of her. She seemed horrified. She was breathing quickly and sniffling like she had been crying.

"F-Freya?" I said, my voice cracking and losing all strength.

She spun around, her eyes wide. "Rose?"

My energy seemed to fade again, and my legs collapsed from beneath me.

"Rose!" she screamed, darting forwards when I dropped down to the floor.

Her hand went to my neck, and she looked out at the wound before she cried out in a desperation I had never heard from her.

"Klaus! Elijah!"

They appeared behind her, and I saw them standing over me. My vision was blurring, but when I saw Elijah, it seemed to focus.

He knelt down and pulled me up, holding me and making sure I was looking him in the eyes. He looked so frightened, but at the same time, relieved. His expression looked as if he could not believe that I was right there. He said my name over and over, and I saw his eyes begin to glisten with tears that were unshed.

"Finn is dead," he said, his tone shaking. "He died from Lucien's bite. W-We thought... We thought you were dead."

He held my body around my shoulders in one arm, and supported my head with the other.

He was crying now. He wasn't hiding it.

Klaus's fingers touched the bite mark, and he looked to Elijah.

"She's been healing. I don't know how, but she healed."

"I..."

Elijah, Klaus, and Freya all looked right at me when I spoke.

"I don't have a heart."

Elijah's expression was overcome by one of realization. He knew now why I had not died, and why I was healing so slowly but surely.

Klaus and Freya, however, were looking at me as if I had lost my mind. They hadn't known that I did not have a heart, simply because I had become good at hiding it. Klaus had never paid attention to my heartbeat and Freya never would have been able to hear it. Neither of them knew.

I slipped back into unconsciousness, having no idea what Elijah was about to tell me when I awoke.