CXXXVII - Save The Devil

I honestly don't really have a good excuse for being so late with this update

Sowwy guys

On the bright side, the next chapter is gonna be damn fun to write ;D

_______________________________________________________________________

Chapter One Hundred & Thirty-Seven

After the boys spoke with Tristan and Lucien, we were all brought back to the table. Aurora looked like she had certainly had a bit of fun with Hayley and Freya, the two girls seeming rather annoyed while Aurora was just smug. I had been told that Tristan had the longitude, and Aurora had the latitude. The coordinates matched up to the spot in the ocean that we could find Rebekah. They, unfortunately, had the advantage.

However, knowing the Mikaelson's, they certainly wouldn't have that advantage for much longer.

"Longitude, and latitude..." Lucien muttered, pointing from Aurora to Tristan, who were seated at the table with the most of us. "Lovely."

He didn't seem happy that he had been left out of the loop. I almost pitied him. The girl he loved and the man he was supposed to have an alliance with didn't trust him enough.

"Well, despite our differences, I believe great strides were made today," Tristan said, and Aurora hummed in agreement before they clinked glasses together. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the two of them.

"Tristan, I can't murder you this very moment, but I could just as easily tear those eyeballs from your skull and feed them to your sister," Elijah commented, not looking at either of them. He was standing at the other end of the table and was looking away from them at one of the doors.

"Elijah," Klaus said, and his voice wavered for a moment. He didn't seem happy, but he wasn't angry with Elijah. "These are our guests."

"Nik, it's so sweet of you to defend us," Aurora said with a soft and thankful smile.

I fought the urge to groan in frustration.

"You know," Nik replied, putting his palms to the table and standing. "I doubted my brother's wisdom in bringing us all together today, but he was right. We must confront the harsh realities we all face and make difficult choices to ensure our collective survival," Klaus said, raising his glass. The rest of us follow his lead, some more reluctant than others, and took a drink.

Klaus looked across the table at me, where I was seated beside Lucien, and from the look in his eyes, I knew he wasn't satisfied. He wasn't going to let them go so easily.

He began to walk around the table, over to Elijah. "And I have every confidence that my choice will be the right one," he looked over at Tristan, who almost looked smug. That is, until Klaus sped around to Tristan's back and snapped the man's neck.

Aurora yelped and jumped to her feet, looking at Klaus in horror. Soon, that horror faded to rather extreme anger.

"Were you anyone else, the servants would already be mopping your blood from the floor. If you do not bring my sister home, Tristan will die slowly and in tremendous pain!"

"You betray me, after all your promises of love!" Aurora exclaimed angrily.

"I meant to keep those promises! It was you who shattered them when you took Rebekah!" he shouted in response, moving closer to her and making his voice so low it resembled a whisper. "Now I have your brother. A sibling for a sibling. I want Rebekah back."

"You will regret this," Aurora whispered, malice dripping in her tone.

She turned and went to the exit, grabbing the tablecloth as she went by and pulling it with her with a grin of anger. Some glasses and plates spilled, the clattering echoing in the courtyard. Freya seemed shocked at what had just transpired, but I knew exactly what he was up to.

"After everything today, you just let her go?!" Freya exclaimed.

"Aurora should be easy enough to control. We have Tristan now," Elijah insisted.

"Lucien," Klaus said, leaning against the table and looking across at the slightly terrified-looking vampire. "You will take me to Camille, and you will surrender the medallion. Or, you will meet an end so cruel, the devil will weep."

*

The night that followed was the exact opposite of calm. Klaus was gone, looking for a now missing Camille. Aurora has taken her, and Lucien is now helping him search. Elijah had been sure to invite Hayley over, who bit Tristan. He was now on his way to death, which was both good and bad. We needed him to be desperate enough to give information for his life, but we needed to make sure he was healed fast enough so that he didn't die. Elijah had gotten a few things out of Tristan, but that was as far as they had gotten.

Somehow, I knew what I had to do.

I began to burn sage in Elijah and I's room, and spelled it so that no one else could hear us speak while we were inside. I went and looked for Elijah, finding him standing outside of Tristan's room. I took his hand, and he looked over at me. When he saw the expression on my face, he knew that I had a plan. He followed me, leaving Freya alone in the room with Tristan. Quite frankly, he looked too weak to even speak, let alone harm her. She wasn't in any danger.

We walked into the room, and when I turned to look at him, he was confused and unsure.

"Roseia, is something-"

My hand raised up to his cheek, my fingertips grazing his skin. My hand was lingering there for a mere second before I cut him off by putting my lips on his. He was surprised at first, but then he relaxed, and his hands went to my waist to pull me closer. When he finally pulled away, he looked even more confused, but almost pleasantly so. A soft smile was on his face.

"What on earth was that for?" he asked.

"I needed to make sure that you know I love you, and only you," I said, biting my lip a little.

His smile slowly began to fade. "What exactly are you planning, Rose?"

"I want to make Tristan trust me," I told him, keeping my hands resting on his shoulders. "He already seems to have taken an interest in me, so it should be rather easy."

"How are you planning on doing that?" he asked, a small bit of fear seeping into his tone.

"You will need to trust me on that, Elijah," I said, trying to assure him. I knew what I was doing. I knew how I could win Tristan's favour.

He did trust me. He knew that I was strong and he knew that he was the only one I loved. So, he gave me his blessing, knowing that I could assist both him and Klaus in defeating the trinity of enemies we had come across.

A few minutes later, I was in the room that Tristan was being kept. I held a bowl filled with cool water, as well as a washcloth. I looked to Freya, who was cautious, but then nodded when I gestured to the door.

"Thank you, Freya," I said as she walked out, and I only got a distracted hum in reply.

Tristan slowly and weakly raised his head to look me in the eyes, and I knew that this was going to be the beginning of my journey down a road I would never return to.

The night I had danced with him, I had been dancing with the devil.

And now, I was about to save the devil.