CLVIII - Final Step

MY FRIEND DEWI IS AN AMAZING SINGER AND YOU SHOULD WATCH THIS VIDEO PLEEEEEEASE

Okay so the ting is she wants to work with this Filipino artist by the name of QUEST. And recently he put out a search for an unknown Filipino female artist to produce a song for AND GUESS WHO IS AN UNKNOWN FILIPINO ARTISSSSST: MY FREN DEWI DECIMAL

But yeah just watch it kk

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter One Hundred & Fifty-Eight

When Klaus and Hayley got back, they informed me that there was a much darker plan happening. It was almost worse than Klaus' enemies hunting us down.

Kingmaker Land Development, the company owned by Lucien, was targeting wolves. Klaus and Hayley knew because they found a Kingmaker key card in the place that the wolves would leave items of the people they killed.

The next morning, when we were planning on going after Kingmaker and leaving Hope with Mary, Klaus received a call from Elijah. He did not tell either of us what it was about until we came into the diner, only to see him looking absolutely horrified.

"Hope's down for the count," Hayley told him as we met him at the counter. "She fell asleep as soon as Mary started the car. I doubt she'll miss any of us over the next few days."

"Which of these Kingmaker offices do we go to first?" I asked, pulling the list from my pocket and unfolding it to show it to them both. "There's ten of them. Which seems most entertaining?"

Then I noticed Klaus' expression, and looked at him questioningly.

"Lucien has revealed his true nature. He's taken Freya. Now, it seems her rescue relies on Elijah working with my ever-reliable brother Finn."

Finn... Finn was back. It still surprised me.

"Oh," Hayley said. "And you want to go back to New Orleans to head up the hunt."

Hayley seemed a little let-down, but then nodded.

"Fine. You should go. I'm sticking with Kingmaker though. Lucien's working very hard to cover up these wolf kidnappings, and I wanna know why."

Klaus stopped her. "No. "

"How about I go?" I asked. "You two can easily shut down Kingmaker. You do that and I'll help with Freya."

Klaus and Hayley both looked at me with concerned expressions.

"Are you certain you wish to do this?" Klaus asked. "We don't know what Lucien is planning."

I nodded. "Yes. I'm sure."

I wanted to keep Freya safe. If that meant murdering Lucien, I was more than eager to do so.

*

I decided it would have been incredibly pointless to drive to Mystic Falls, considering how close I was. Instead, I ran there, and arrived within an hour or so.

I walked throughout the streets, and spotted a car that I recognized well. It was sleek and black, and belonged to the man I loved more than anyone else. He was here.

I inhaled, knowing that I would be better at finding the scent of blood than Elijah or Finn.

I finally did catch it, and when I bolted throughout the forests, I heard Vincent's screams and Lucien's groans, along with he slowed beat of Freya's heart. I got there in time to witness Vincent hit the ground and Lucien move to him with a low growl reverberating in his throat. He picked up the bottle of the liquid he had and stormed towards them, while Freya threw herself on top of Vincent to protect him.

He didn't expect me to tackle him, sending us rolling a few times before his spin hit a tree and I was staring at him in a crouched position. We both stood upright, and rage lingered in his eyes. He sent a punch towards me, which I dodged, of course. Then he attempted to kick me in the stomach, before I grabbed his foot and twisted. He howled in pain before dropping, and then he had the bottle in his hand. He had flipped off the lid and drank it before I stopped him, but that didn't matter. We would kill him soon enough.

At least, that was what I had thought.

Faster than even my hybrid sight could register, he was standing and holding Freya's back against his chest. He had his hand around her neck, and was completely prepared to break it.

He was faster now; more agile and stronger.

"Today is the beginning of an awful lot of death..." he said with a smirk, then whispered in Freya's ear. "Starting with yours, I'm afraid. Then followed by your dear friend's."

He was looking directly at me.

"You know,, love, I think you and Tristan could have made quite the pair. Granted, I wanted the man dead... But you would have been a wonderful ally once he was gone."

I growled and took a step forwards, before he wrapped his hand tighter around Freya's neck with a wicked grin.

"Lucien!" Elijah roared, and I looked to see him, Finn, and Matt standing across the clearing. Matt had his gun raised.

Elijah's eyes were on me for a moment, and I watched him too, before our attention moved entirely towards Freya.

"Just in time for the party, lads! Let the fun begin. Can any of you get to me faster than I can rip your darling sister's head off?" Lucien asked.

I was behind him before he knew it, and I grabbed the one holding Freya's neck and promptly crushed his wrist in my palm. Freya dropped in front of him, and I slammed my hand into his back. It broke through his skin, and I gripped his heart.

"The answer would be yes," I hissed in his ear.

I swung the arm that was in his back, and he flew off of my hand and at a nearby tree. I ended up letting out a sigh of relief when he fell down to the forest floor behind us.

"No," Freya whispered. "No, no no..."

I knelt down by her. "It's all right, Freya," I said as Elijah and Finn rushed over. "He's gone now."

"You don't understand," she whispered, shaking her head. "He drank the serum. He wanted you to kill him. You helped him take the final step."

If I had a heart, it would have dropped the moment I heard him stand up behind me.