LV - Change Of Thought

THIS CHAPTER. <3 

The song for this one is "Young And Beautiful" by Lana Del Rey. ^_^ I imagine this song playing during the slow dance part.

Enjoy!

____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Fifty-Five

The party was absolutely amazing.

I had helped Elijah to get the caterers, and I had gotten a playlist ready for the DJ, who was controlling the music whenever the band wanted a break.

When I saw Jackson and Oliver come in, I grinned and went over to them with Hayley. "I'm glad you came," I smiled to both of them. I saw that Oli's eyes almost immediately went over to Davina, and I smirked.

"Well, it's not like either of you gave us much of a choice," Jackson chuckled, and Hayley and I smirked at each other.

"Still," I said. "I'm happy that you're here."

Jackson and Oliver both nodded, and they were going to move to the dance floor, when I put my hand on Oli's chest. "Oli, that girl that you have your eyes on is one of my friends. She is a great girl, and I'm sure that she would absolutely love to dance with you... But if you hurt her, I will personally grab your heart and pull it out of your body through your throat," I said, smiling sweetly at him.

He chuckled. "You can try, darlin'."

I rolled my eyes and punched his arm playfully. "Yeah, okay. Go on."

They both went away, and within an hour or so, Hayley and I were bonding once again. We were smiling and laughing, and were walking to the table filled with food in order to keep thee miracle baby satisfied when I practically ran right into Elijah.

Elijah put his hands on my elbows, stopping me from falling right back. He chuckled at the shocked look on my face.

"Oh, sorry Eli. I was distracted," I smiled softly.

"Not to worry, Rose. Would you care to have the next dance with me?" he asked.

I nodded. "I would love to."

He had a strange look in his eyes, and a smile broke out on his face. "Wonderful," he said. He glanced over my shoulder at Klaus, who was waving him over. "Now. If you'll excuse me, I have to have a chat with Niklaus."

I nodded to him, and he smiled one last time before walking away.

My eyes suddenly widened, and I grabbed Hayley's wrist, quickly bringing her over to one of the pillars, where I was sure we wouldn't be bothered.

"Did Elijah just ask me to dance? And did I just agree to dance WITH him?"

"Erm... Yes..." She said, seeming puzzled as to where I was going with this.

"I've never done that."

"What?"

"In the 900 years I've known him, I have never danced with him. Nor has he ever asked me to. I've danced with Klaus, Kol, and Finn, but never him."

"Well then," she muttered. "Maybe he likes you more now? I don't know."

"I don't-" I was cut off when a slow song came on. And before long, I saw that Oli was going over to Davina. "Excuse me, Hales."

She smiled and nodded, and I went over to the refreshment table so that I could keep an eye on Oli.

"So, what's the name of the girl I'm about to ask to dance?" Oliver asked Davina.