XXXVII - More Than I Admit

BA BOOM.

*Principal announcement voice* That is all.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Thirty-Seven

I stood at the bottom of the stairs with my arms crossed over my chest, not really paying attention as Klaus and Elijah came down the steps. I was watching Timothy angrily, trying to fight the urge to snap Klaus' neck. He compelled the poor kid to stay up there, sitting on a beam about thirty feet up.

"Was this really necessary, Klaus?" I growled as they reached the bottom of the steps. "And are you kidding me? Can this get any more depressing?"

Klaus laughed. "That's a fair point. Timothy!" The boy stopped playing. "Play something a little more upbeat, please. That's a good lad."

The music became much more cheerful, not that it helped the mood.

Marcel walked into the compound, glancing up at Timothy before looking at Klaus with an annoyed look.

"Took you long enough to spread the word," Klaus stated.

"Well, have you met his nightwalkers? Not the brightest assortment," Elijah said, to which I swatted his arm. Some of them were actually pretty smart. A couple even had PhD's.

"All that matters is I got it covered. When Davina gets here, you two have to let Rose and I do the talking."

"Well, I'm sure you'll have your chance," Klaus replied, walking past Marcel. "Hello, love! Silence is golden, Timothy, thank you," he said. Davina was now standing in front of us, and Timothy had stopped playing.

Davina looked up at Timothy with a horrified expression, while he said her name, seeming quite confused. Davina looked back at us angrily. "You got me here, now let him down."

"Well, first we have to have a little chat about you returning to the fold."

"What did I say, Klaus? We've got this," he said, looking over at me before directing his attention to Davina. "D, what happened? Why'd you run?"

"Whatever we did, we're sorry," I told her. "We'll make it up to you."

"How? By threatening my friend?"

"Oh, that was all him," I said, pointing at Klaus.

"Apologies, I've been known to go too far to make a point. But I do always get results," Klaus stated.

Davina scoffed. "You pretend to be so confident. But I know the truth. You're afraid everyone can see what you really are. An animal," And with that, she began to break his bones, with Klaus' screams of pain following it.

All three of us darted forwards as Klaus fell on his knees, but Davina waved her hand, and an invisible force shoved us all back. She put her hand down, and we all fell down to our knees, much like Klaus.

"A beast," she said, and I could hear Klaus' bones started to revert back to his wolf form. "Why don't you show us your real face?" she asked, and Klaus' head lifted. "That's enough of you," she waved her hand to the side and he fell to the ground, unconscious.

"Davina, you don't have to do this!" I shouted, trying to stand up. Her power was strong, but not as strong as mine.

But I didn't want to hurt her.

"You! People say that you are so powerful, but you are just as vulnerable as the vampires around you. And you're just as ruthless as Klaus," she said. "Years ago, witches like us would have burned at the stake. Why don't you?" she asked, and I gasped when I started to feel my insides burn like they had caught fire. My blood was boiling, and I felt like I had the worst migraine to ever happen to a person.