Chapter 16 Lingnan

At the turn of spring and summer, the boundary of Lingnan.

Not long after the Chang Geng star set, the sky lit up early. When the sun was up, the sun had already climbed high, the streets and pavements were faintly hot, and there were a few lush green shadows along the roadside, and the green treetops gradually became green. . Seemingly feeling the heat outside, the horses in the stable snorted and drank the slightly turbid well water in the sink.

This southwestern frontier is the basin area, the climate is humid, and the scorching sun is like a steamer.

Zhou Dawu got off his horse, handed the reins to the groom, wiped the sweat from his face, and let out a long sigh.

This ghost weather!

He complained in a low voice. After all, it has been more than seven years since he left the capital and came to this Lingnan region. During this period, he married a wife and had two children, but he still could not adapt to the humid climate. I don't know if there will be any chance to return to Beijing in the future.

While shaking his head and sighing, he didn't dare to delay, took out the documents in the rucksack on the horse's back, and hurried to the Guang'an Prince's Mansion.

Turning a corner, the lintel of the Guang'an Prince's Mansion came into view.

This is a palace that is not magnificent and gorgeous. The courtyard has a unique style of the Lingnan region. It is completely different from the noble mansion in the capital. The only similarities are the two stone lions on the edge, squatting and squatting majestically. Behind them stood two solemn-looking soldiers.

Zhou Dawu hurriedly stepped into the mansion gate and bumped into Zhang Long who was coming out.

"Oh, you've come to the fore. If it's a little later, the young master will have to peel off two layers of your skin!"

"Isn't this in a hurry?" Zhou Dawu wiped his face and asked, "Where is he?"

Zhang Long snorted: "Where else can I be? The martial arts field is waiting."

Zhou Dawu shrank his neck and felt apprehensive. Although he was seven or eight years older than the other party, in front of the young master, he was quite short of breath—who taught him inferior skills, and let the other party take the position of the commander of the army. .

Thinking of him, Zhou Dawu, although not a first-class master, is by no means a person to be underestimated. He didn't want that seventeen-year-old youth to throw a lot of himself away in just a few years, remembering the first time he was picked off his horse, he shook his head He sighed, squeezed the documents tightly, and hurried to the martial arts training ground behind the palace.

Before he could reach the door, he heard a burst of warm applause from inside.

After walking a few steps, he saw Lilie's cold and slashed profile face. He was tall and straight, his expression indifferently drawn his bow, his pupils shrank, and he suddenly shot out an arrow. Almost at the same time, he shot an arrow. , hooking the string, drawing the bow, and releasing the arrow in one go, and shot three arrows in a row, one arrow followed by another, actually splitting the arrows in front of the bullseye from the arrow feathers, just one arrow. After holding his breath, several arrows on the bullseye had already been split into blossoms, and the last one penetrated the bullseye, piercing the three-inch-wide target, and the target base trembled and made a buzzing sound.

The soldiers at the training ground burst into even greater applause.

Zhou Dawu was greatly shocked. Rao was because he had seen many masters in Beijing, but he had never seen such a person with such natural power.