Chapter 20 Drunkenness

It was already dark at night, and with the breeze, the sultry heat of the day was reduced, and a little coolness was born.

In the Taiwan Tour Mansion, Yuan Chongsheng strode into the front hall of the meeting, where people were already waiting.

"My lord, why did you rush to send an official here?"

The speaker was Master Cao, who was from Xuntai Mansion, and Yuan Chongsheng brought him from the capital.

Although it was night, the temperature had dropped a lot, but rushing over all the way, still made him sweat. He pulled his sleeves and wiped it. Seeing Yuan Chongsheng's bad face, he felt a little bit in his heart. Be careful.

Yuan Chongsheng's face was ashen, and he dropped something on the table, it was the account book.

Master Cao hurriedly picked it up, flipped through a few pages, frowned, and glanced at Yuan Chongsheng cautiously,

"Sir, this..."

Yuan Chongsheng stretched out a finger and focused on the table: "This is the account book that King Guang'an gave to you, Lord Shangfeng."

"This...isn't this the account of Zhuangtian in Lingnan?" Master Cao was shocked, and he couldn't help but turn over a few pages carefully. So detailed?"

Yuan Chongsheng sneered, his eyes narrowed slightly: "In the end, I underestimated him, I thought that a son of a cold palace and a cheap concubine could have great skills, now it seems that his seven years in Lingnan were not in vain. "

After more than ten years of ups and downs in the officialdom, Yuan Chongsheng understood one truth the most—since ancient times, the more confused the official accounts, the better. But now that the King of Guang'an holds the account of the farmland in the entire Lingnan region, it means that it is not so neat to do things in the Patrol House.

Master Cao was also alert, his eyebrows trembled, and said, "Could it be that the King of Guang'an came to beat us with this account book?"

Seeing him and himself thinking of something, Yuan Chongsheng felt more alert in his heart. He thought about the events of the night over and over several times, but he still couldn't make up his mind.

"I don't know if it means beating, but the King of Guang'an has never mentioned it before... He only asked this official to do him a favor."

"Why are you busy?"

Yuan Chongsheng pursed the corners of his lips slightly, and his eyes surged, and said slowly, "Let the Xuntai Mansion handle all the farmland income on his behalf, and their Guang'an Prince Mansion will not touch this farmer's silver from now on."

Master Cao was unclear for a while: "What? Could it be that they didn't go to the court to make sacrifices?"

Yuan Chongsheng sneered: "Could Master Cao be confused, how could the imperial court refuse to accept the annual offerings!"

He clicked on the account book: "What this guy means is that in the future, all the Zhuang Yin's income will be managed by the Xuntai Mansion. The annual contribution of silver taels, hum, will naturally be paid by us together."

"Isn't this King of Guang'an crazy?" Although it sounds like it will be beneficial to the Xuntai Mansion, but if something goes wrong, there must be a demon. How could someone cut off his arm without making a profit.

By convention, the tax and silver of the fiefs of Zhuangtian are collected by the inspection offices of various places, and the silver taels of the fiefs are shared with the vassal kings of the territories. Those who return to the local inspectorate of Taifu are used to support troops and horses, and the part that belongs to the feudal lords, the bulk of which is used as an annual salary to pay tribute to the capital every year, and the rest naturally falls into the pockets of the palace. Dividing can be regarded as a mystery.