Wrong perspective (Neymessi)

I don't know how I'm supposed to get over my obsession with Messi. I keep getting myself injured while training, and Dani always teases me because he knows. Well I only let Luis and Dani know, since I trust them. And they have returned the favor greatly, without making me obvious to everyone about it. That's not exactly the solution to my obession over him, because I'm always acting all sheepish and absent-minded when he's around. It's Thiago's birthday, and yes I could've just made up an excuse easily, but Thiago's puppy dog eyes and whimpers set me back from my original plan to avoid Messi.

I arrive at his place, parking my car beside someone else's. Many have arrived, judging by all the cars in here. Leaving the car, I'm greeted by the birthday boy himself. I squat and take him in my arms as he kisses me on the cheek. He's the cutest, and I see him no less than my own son, and ofcourse Messi doesn't relate with that. Okay maybe he does, a slight bit, he's the actual father afterall.

- "I know NeyNey would come!!" I return his cheeky smile with my own, placing a soft peck on his forehead. I see Antonella standing by the frame of the door, smiling widely at us exchanging affectionate little gestures. She greets me, walking over to us, pulling Thiago's cheeks.

- "You naughty boy! What if you got lost mm?" I visibly get confused by her words, but it makes more sense, the more I scan around the place. It's indeed huge for a child.

- "NeyNey will rescue me... daddy will then rescue both of us together!" He clapped and giggled at his little story from his fantasies, leaving my flustered at the thought of it. Thiago pictures me and him within one frame. Anto places Thiago down as he instantly sprints away to his two little brothers, dragging them away to the backyard. They are literal copies of Messi.

- "Let's go talk, shall we?"

- "Uh sure but where's L-" I get shushed by her. I blink in visible confusion, and I'm sure she got a hint. Anto drags me upstairs and closes the door slowly, sure not to catch anyone hearing the door close. She runs over to me in her pencil heals, sitting beside me.

- "Why are we here though?.."

- "You like Lionel," She blurts out of nowhere. I feel my cheeks heat up, and look elsewhere. But the fact that she's Messi's wife..then why's she slapping it onto my face? She's not upset or piqued about the fact another man is in love with her husband, that too, with children?

- "If you're thinking why I'm not angry, it's because me and Lionel have never exactly been in love, and I'm happy to know that he has finally found love." She places her hand over mine, giving it a re-assuring squeeze. I continue to look at her in disbelief. Messi likes me?

- "N-No you're lying! He likes you Anto!" My stutters broke in, and I wasn't being able to process the fact that Messi actually liked me. This is a dream.

- "Ney, he loves you. This is not a dream. He always rants to me about you, and it really makes me feel guilty to know that I'm a third wheeler here. Make your move." Now she seemed to command me. No way I'm entitling myself to being a home-wrecker, I'd rather cry in bed crushing over him than to ruin their little happy family. I storm out of the room, giving Thiago a hug and just when I was about to leave, a hand grabbed my wrist.

- "You just came Ney, where you heading?" A familiar, soft voice called at me. I turned back, feeling the tension wash away as our eyes met. Dammit make an excuse.

- "N-Nowhere Leo...just wanted to get some fresh a-air!" My stutters are gonna be the end of me at this point.

- "You can go accompany Thiago in the backyard, he was searching for you by the way." Every part of him is the reason for me loosing my sanity by each passing day. I walked over to the backyard, soon accompanied by the trio.