Sunshine (Cuti Romero x Sonny)

World cup. A time of the year when everyone gathers round thr TV to watch players run after a ball in hopes to finish it in the back of the net for their country, in the hope of millions. Every match comes with an over-whelming emotion and determination in players: to return with a face that they'll be able to show their country; make the millions who've been waiting with hopes- proud.

But, not all teams can qualify. Any one team has to disqualify the other who she competes against. And only one can win, with the other to return in defeat. And that's the thrill that the World Cup brings with each passing second into the game. With thousands in the stadium chanting for their country. Your country on the line.

The feeling is nerve wracking. Playing against another country with such high hopes and determination, going through group stage after managing to silence Portugese fans and the team of Portugal. A country from the asian subcontinent- South Korea. A country that had held on strong during the world cup.

Everyone fell in utter shock from their performance. They played exceptionally well in the World Cup. Even though facing Brazil made their blood run cold, it ended off friendly. Son could only smile as Neymar offered to be with him as long as the medic would treat him for his slight injury.

At the end of the night, they lost. It was a bit obvious but they continued to fight. And that made them stand out of the other teams who were able to survive group stage. Son, with a peace-keeping and calm of a personality, ended up ex-changing jerseys with the star of the opposing team- Neymar Jr.

It felt great to be able to end the night without any fight or un-reasonable bickering with the team since everyone had given their best. There was nothing to complain about. Although Son couldn't help but to be disappointed in himself, he felt proud to be a part of the South Korean national team- to be able to represent his country under a great scale during the 2022 Qatar World cup.

As far as they'd gotten was an achievement and it had come to and end after their match with Brazil. Elimination. It hurt, but the team clapped to their much achieved victories which earned the title of a 'hardworking, flourishing' team.

It had been a memorable night. To have to return to the tunnel past all the dispiriting and silent chants from his fans, and the loud and proud screams and Chants from the other side: The Brazillians. The score itself was too embarassing to even remember- 4-1. That one score from Paik saved them from any further embarassment.

To conclude, World Cup is an emotion. Happiness, sadness, there's a bit of all. Yes, it's hard to digest the fact they lost but it something would make it even harder as his finger slightly trembled to switch the TV on to watch the match of France against Argentina- France winning the World Cup.

It could be Kylian's second World Cup- could earn him the title of GOAT, despite of having no UCL trophies, or Ballon d'Ors. It could make him the face of France: the face of the world. A sensation. But that didn't come to much of thought for Heung-min.

What actually tensed him is to see Argentina being booed at, to have to face a loss against France. To have to see Messi returning home empty-handed, with nothing to celebrate the peak and glory of his career.

But that changed when the final penalty shootout was scored by Gonzalo Montiel: a glorious finish to the night, with Argentina claiming the night as theirs, the World Cup as theirs. Son could only smile widely as Romero cried into his jersey, embracing his team into a hug.

It lightened his heart to see Messi give a glorious finish to his career, in all his glory. Messi would be safe to say now, he had won the World Cup of 2022. He wouldn't have to walk past the disappointing cheers of his country. He could only smile in victory as fans would barge into the stadium to lift the little boy from Rosario, now a grown man, balancing the night perfectly on his fingertips, finally proving to be..the Best.