Another World pt.2

Single parenting came to be the biggest challenge that Neymar has ever faced in his life of 24 years.

He can't deny, he indeed loves his son more than he supposed that he would. The bond that they've been sharing ever since Neymar managed to escape from all sorts of media- the beginning of their bond took place there, and it's been growing ever since.

Neymar has never managed to emotionally communicate with anyone so deeply in a telepathic way as he's done it with his son just within the acquired knowledge of his son's babbles and made up words.

Even before Neymar's son, Thiago, came out of his womb, he'd already gotten used to talking to his unborn child by that time. The actual healing, surprisingly, happened there, without him knowing. He's been so preoccupied by the thoughts of re-enacting his actions of trying to rock a baby and hold a baby- what if he's wrong? What if he's not a good mother?

His parents and close friends helped him think all of these through. His mum tought him the basics and what a baby might mean by their actions, and his father helped him decorate the nursery and build the crib that baby Thiago now sleeps in.

It was only two years ago that Neymar was left a man with his heart in his hand, completely crushed.

It took him two years and eight months to recover from the trauma of being belittled by the person he loved and cherished the most. Now he is strong enough to stand his ground and face the media again, and be the controversial figure he is.

There is nothing that can hold him back now. He's raising a son with ease, and has parents and friends that are there to stand by his side.

If Neymar knew that his innocence would be taken advantage of, he wouldn't dare to trade his heart for it. But the Neymar in the past can't be changed, and that's why, all he can do is recall being heartbroken and all the tears he shed for being thrown away, out of the desperation from being hounded by negativity.

But looking at himself in the mirror now and comparing it with the Neymar from the past makes a huge difference. The person that he is now is aware of the mistakes his past self has made and that he'll never repeat it ever again, at least for the sake of his son.

Nothing but his son can be his first and only priority. Thiago is all he needs and all that he wants.

It irks him to think of Lionel's blood in his child. It feels so wrong, but he can't change anything. This is his son, and he loves him with all his heart.

Who he doesn't love is Lionel. Neymar will never forgive himself for loving Lionel. It's a sin he's already committed and he cannot do anything to erase it now.

Neymar was too stupid to realize that loving someone so much would only make it impossible for him to fall in love with anyone ever again in the future. He loved Lionel with all the love existing in this universe- almost as if he'd woven into one huge sweater, only for it to be called ugly and left unworn.

His heart clenched at the thought of recalling him and Messi together.

Even though he's living without Messi now in an isolated part of the world where nobody will disturb him and his son, his son will ask for his father at some point, and Neymar won't be able to do anything then.

But the last thing he wants to do is to ever see Messi again after what he did to Neymar when Neymar needed him.

He had left Neymar to suffer when Neymar needed him the most, solely because he wasn't being anle to cope with everything Neymar had to say in the end of the day. Even after that, Neymar was ready to compromise, but Messi had already made up his mind and kept himself away from Neymar's reach.