Differences (Messi x Mbappe)

Mbappe 24, Messi 30. And we're keeping Messi's beardless look here from Barca, and Mbappe's hair dyed white as on the picture above. This might be weird for some, but whoever likes this ship, enjoy <3 (we're just gonna pretend kylian dyed his hair white after the WC again hehe)

______________

It felt so hard not to start crying about that one day all over again. Yeah, it's been a month since I saw him lifting the trophy right infront of my eyes as Macro blabbered some shit into my ear. I couldn't have cared less about him. I just watched Messi in all his glory, staring at the trophy, his eyes glistening in joy.

It made me glad that he found happiness in his long wanted achievement. It took him twenty years to get to this podium and get his hands on the trophy, all the way from Rosario, Argentina. He wasn't a little boy with dreams anymore, he's living it all now, to his fullest, whereas Kylian is not.

The previous World Cup he was, well. This year wouldn't be the same. He had to fight for his country against his idol, his crush. It felt so unreal to stand face to face to the man he just wanted to grab and hug right now.

Kylian could just imagine the tackles he'd have to give in order for Messi to crumple over and leave the pitch. But that couldn't be. He just stood across the field, watching Argentina hit the net perfectly with the ball twice in a row, not until France started taking over.

But all hell went loose during the pnalty shootout. Kylian knew they wouldn't be able to get it. Tears pricked at his eyes while he tried not to punch and kick his team-mates from missing. He was honestly left awe-struck by Emi's saves that night.

It was one very memorable night, for both. Exceptionally mixed for Kylian, while glory for Messi. Messi's at the peak of his career; at his glory. What's more he could want?

Kylian felt childish to sit with his back against the chair, his knees against his chest, his face burried between his knees. But what was more embarassing, is that it's in Messi's apartment. Kylian just couldn't contain it anymore after Messi started to bombard him with goals in their FIFA duel, which Kylian lost.

Messi tried holding his laughter. He felt bad to have to laugh at the younger for being such a baby, when Kylian had faced a huge loss exactly a few weeks back. Messi finally cackled, not being able to hold back. Kylian lifted his head, his eyes bloodshot, his jaw tightened from dejection. Ouch.

Messi laughed awkwardly, feeling inferior to the Frenchman sitting across him. Kylian's stare felt like a sword piercing right through him. The aura that the room was being polluted with felt like a thousand kilograms of something pressing down on Messi.

- "I hate you.." Kylian's eyes softened, his voice growing tiny and helpless. Messi smiled and walked over to the younger, standing by his shoulder, patting his head. Kylian pushed his hand off his head, pouting.

- "I don't like anyone touching my hair."

- "But it's me," Messi knew he was an exception for Kylian, and always will be, even though he just stole the world cup from him. It didn't matter. At the end of the day, they were still buddies.

- "Fine." Kylian groaned as Messi returned to gently brushing the base of his thumb over the little bristles of hairs Kylian possessed. It was cute how Kylian remained curled like a ball on a chair while Messi comforted him.

The silence in the room was comforting. Kylian didn't feel as crippled as he did a few minutes ago from loosing the duel. Messi noticed the slight glint that appeared in Kylian's beautiful mahogany orbs Messi would love to stare into for the rest of his life.