Chocolates and Flowers (Manuel x Thomas)

He's met a girl, and they've been going out. It's been making Manuel feel things that he feels like he's not supposed to feel with her but some other person that's destined to stay by his side forever, and not someone that he assumes will leave some time around.

Yet, he couldn't care less. A man in love is a man stuck in a hypnosis of the girl he's in love with. And Valentine's day arrives, so he can't think of anything else either than that of at least buying her flowers and maybe chocolate.

He sets out to the best flower shop around the city of Berlin, to gift to his beloved girlfriend. A smile keeps tugging at his lips as he walks across the zebra-crossing, his mind in an out burst of the images of the beautiful German girl.

He walks into a flower shop, greeted by a soft voice, that diverts his attention away from his thoughts. And he doesn't feel as in love with the girl anymore.

The voidless, clear blue eyes that he's come across makes his heart skip a beat. Like it's that one scene of a film where time freezes for the latter as his eyes fixate on the girl- but it's a boy. And Manuel knows, but he doesn't mind.

Doesn't mind how his heart flutters as the boy's voice emerges again, bringing him out of his trance. He's much shorter than Manuel, with soft light brown hair. Maybe I'm thinking too much, Manuel convinces himself and starts looking around for flowers that the girl might like.

The boy brings himself away from behind the cash counter with a small smile, his hands set behind his hips. Manuel couldn't resist from stealing a few glances from him. Someone thought he's over thinking?

- "What's your name..?"

- "Thomas,"

- "Manuel." Thomas smiles and looks up at him, immediately removing his gaze, with a blush formating on his cheeks. Manuel chuckles and continues looking around for flowers.

To his dismay, there's none that she might like. Or he's just over-prioritizing her by showering her with all the love and treats no man would give her in a lifetime. He's used to prioritizing girls to the extent where they start to see him for nothing but the treats that keep them well-fed and happy.

But Manuel is too much in love to understand. His infatuation in the girl is like a poison that's eating at his body and making his skin rot- but he doesn't mind, as long as it doesn't pain him.

It's the motto he's been living on in relationships since years. He hasn't given into his so-called motto just yet,- not until he's cut to the bone and struck in the mind.

There has never been any flower that's succeeded to impress the girl. And Manuel is well aware that today might be the same. So his heart doesn't pound from the thought of rejection. He's too used to it by now, and yet, he won't give up on loving her.

He continues to look around, with Thomas behind him. Manuel sighs and grabs a random bouquet of flowers and hands it over to Thomas, asking him to tie a down the center of the wrapping.

While Thomas does so, Manuel stares at the sun sinking, the last bit peaking up from the horizon. But that's soon, gone, and so is it's warmth. The beautiful hues of orange, red and purple stain the soon to be night sky- giving out a warm outlook. But in reality, it's cold out there. It's only the colors that make it seem warm when it's not.

And it's also the ocean blue hue of Manuel's eyes that prevent him from uncovering the pain that he's been through, under it.

The pain from being rejected constantly, every once in a while. His blue eyes like the tranquil waters of a silently flowing lake that's hiding alot under it's pebbles.