We were kids when we fell in love pt.2

It was only 6 years later, that he would be able to see the little boy he'd seen years back, now molded into a fine man of 22, dappering the black suit, looking  gracious as could be. His mind flooded with their images from the past, and only from the past.

It wouldn't be so long until he'd see another man stand forth of him, with a big smile and a cleaner shave than of Messi himself, who looked like an absolute drunkard in a suit sitting amongst the other guests, watching the love of his life get married.

As wrong as it was, he was no one to change it, until or unless Neymar would want to. And so, he had to force himself to complete Neymar's one last wish: to attend his wedding; supposedly their one last encounter?

- "Now you may kiss the groom,"

Those words pained him like a thousand knives stabbing through him. But, looking into those same, sadly glintful mahogany eyes made a smile tug at his lips forcefully. Neymar wasn't the rebellious, talkative teenager he used to know, anymore. This is a grown Neymar, who has his own problems to deal with, one being this.

Messi claps, watching Neymar kiss his husband softly. Tears streamed down his cheeks, as he wiped them off, while Gerard nudged him by the elbow. Messi just chuckled and turned to Gerard with blunt, brown eyes, that read nothing but a heartbreak.

- "Hey buddy...wanna go?"

- "Please.." Gerard sighed and excuse themselves out of the wedding venue, while Neymar could just stand and stare out of the corner of his eyes, throwing on a fake smile at his newly-wed husband. Nothing could be changed.

The start of their chemistry had come to an end. A sorrowful end, which ended up hurting both. Messi sobbed, curled up in the backseat of Gerard's Mercedes. As a friend, all he could do now for Messi is, leave him alone for some time. Messi needed some time alone. He had put himself at stake for the sake of their relationship, which crumbled over.

While Messi weeped, Neymar enjoyed champagne with the guests. Looking at his husband, he could only image Messi in his place. It was all hallucination, but it brought tears to his eyes, reminding him of how badly he'd hurt Messi. And knowing this was probably the last time he'd meet Messi, made his eyes go red.

His hands clenched around the glass, which ended up shattering in his hands. Everyone gasped, bawling their eyes at him like he's a psycho. Neymar's husband ran to him, with a clear look of concern. Only if he knew what was going on behind this joyous occasion.

- "Neymar what are y-"

Neymar slapped his hand off of him, making him feel confused. Neymar cleaned his hands, and off he went, sprinting out of the venue as fast as he could past the immense crowd of people. Everyone started to gossip, leaving the in-laws mostly fuming.

But it didn't matter. Messi was all over his mind. He couldn't have betrayed Messi like that. It was unfair. Messi deserved more. They had promised to go through their happiness and hardships together, no matter what. With that stuck in his mind, he ran off to Gerard's.

Running in a wedding suit across the street uphill, the sun only minutes away from setting. Neymar came to conclude, he couldn't live without Messi. The past 5 months had already been an emotional roller coaster for him.

All he could think of now, is Messi. The Messi he had met with 6 years back, the start of their relationship. And now, he'd promise, to never leave his side. As much as it would bring shame to Neymar's family that he'd eloped, Neymar had nothing to do.

It wasn't Marc that he loved. It was Messi that he loved, and had grown used to waking up beside. He'd do anything, like he said 5 year back on their 1 year anniversary. And now, Neymar is doing exactly that.