See you smile pt.2

For all those cristessi fans, this is literally a huge win so read this. And also, ronaldo fans, disclaimer for u special bbs. Enjoy 🙈

_______

Messi won the Portugese's heart effortlessly.

It didn't take him any more than a few nights of shelter in his house to find himself so closely attached to the Argentine than he ever thought he could be. Although in fast recovery, he still feels somewhat empty.

Messi is trying his best to spare time for the other man who's been sitting in his house for the past few days, no, weeks, recovering under the Argentine's care, as if a baby being looked after. Although a grown man, his heart had been shattered like it had no worth.

It still breaks his heart to recall the unexpected and rather rueful occasion. A part of him will never come back from the horror and shock from that event that still runs in his blood, and lingers in his mind like a nightmare.

He doesn't dare to go to practice. Even though he informed the coach within the 2nd day of absence to avoid flouting the rules and regulations, the reason behind it was to be kept stored away from his teammates. The last thing that Cristiano wanted to do is face any queries related to his absence.

Cristiano hasn't recovered yet to have the heart to face his teammates, and most importantly, James, his ally.

You know that things are too fucked to bring back when your rival is the one to your favor and your ally the one to your disfavor.

Cristiano gets dizzy sometimes trying to figure out how fucked this situation actually is. He can only imagine fans finding out about this.

All he can think of is the monstrosity of tweets that won't take less than a second to begin the riot. It's terrorizing, although it's unlikely that it happens. But possibilities are endless and he's not one to judge too soon.

This is the probably the first time he's bit his nails since the math test he'd given at the age of 7. Well.

The room door creaks open, letting some of the light from the outside flood into the pitch black space. Cristiano doesn't flinch a bit, to Messi's surprise, which slightly gives him goosebumps from the large figure sitting still in the dark.

He notices the fear and anxiety trespassing along Cristiano's eyes. Messi sighs.

Now it's all upto God to fix this man.

- "Cristiano, you're getting scared."

- "Am I not supposed to?"

- "Makes sense. But it's bad for you. You're already worn out as is, don't do anything that'll worsen it"

The concern of a mother in his words, it came evident. That warmed Cristiano. It tugged at his body to pull him back from the ditch of insecurities and negative energy that he fell into.

- "Why do you care...?" His voice was quiet. Awfully quiet. So quiet that it sounded like something more than a question.

- "Because we're humans, Cristiano. If we don't look out for each other, who will?"

It was a simple answer that held all the powers of the earth that could build a shattered man into one that's brand new.

Maybe Cristiano has begun to walk the path now. The actual path of recovery; the recovery of his mental health.

- "Then why did he leave me.."

- "He needs time too. Cut him some slack Cristiano, he's only a kid that you fell for. And on top of that, i'm sure he won't last any longer than a few more days until he's crawling to my doorstep"