Missing you (Pique x Ronaldo)

The rivalry between real madrid and barcelona has always been the embodiment of what a club rivalry might look like.

Everyone has always compared the two specific men in particular, Messi and Ronaldo, who everyone deems to be the most important figure of their individual club. No one exactly cared about the other talents that play in the teams.

But there has always been an invisible, heated rivalry between Pique and Cristiano. Although it's supposed to be Messi who should be in Pique's place, he's not. Messi is a man of peace, and never wishes to express any negative remarks towards the other man. It's the home fans of the club that spark the controversies by comparing stats of the two. But in reality, there's no actual negative energy circling around the two.

It's Pique who Cristiano has beef with. The tall Spaniard always seems to piss Cristiano off with his goofy smile whenever there's a goal for Barcelona.

Sure, Pique can be very cocky and egotistic sometimes, but in reality he's just someone who simply likes to be playful, but sometimes it starts getting out of hand.

Not that Cristiano is any better than that. Cristiano can be quite overwhelmed by the prestige of the Spanish club he plays for, and oftentimes he'd be going around promoting the possessions of his club. But it's not always that he's like this.

It's only when he sees a player from Barcelona celebrating that awakens the cockiness in him. Neither of them ever intend to hurt anyone by their masculine behaviour, but at the end if the day, it's each other that they hurt.

Pique will let it slide eventually, but Cristiano seems to always be carrying it on his shoulder like a grudge.

In some corner of his mind, he wishes that they'd never be rivals. He'd never hate Pique if he'd not be playing for Barcelona, their rival club.

Pique is someone he wants to express his passion and love towards. He knows Pique will never deny; he's not one to deny love and affection. But it's hard to walk around with the truth hanging at the tip of his tongue, since it'd take away all his Godly prestige amongst his teammates in the club, and all his positive influence would eventually be forgotten. The reputation of hus career would be automatically put to jeopardy.

That's the sole reason behind the confinement of his true feelings.

Cristiano has to admit, oftentimes Pique breaks his heart without knowing that he does.

It breaks his heart to see Pique celebrating with his team mates and calling him names while all Cristiano can do is endure the pain and watch the crowd of Barcelona fans erupt with cheer.

The only thing that keeps him away from using violence to express his anger is, ironically, Pique's smile. His smile is so wide and goofy, that even when he's standing there calling him names, he forgets about it later.

This is like a never ending cycle for Cristiano. He wishes he'd never came to real madrid, so he'd never meet Pique.

But now that they already have, he has to carry all that Pique has to say like a weight on his shoulder. It's a grudge he'll never be able to rid himself from.

Cristiano sighs and closes his phone from reading articles about Pique, looking at the sunset.

The sky painted in warm colors of yellow and orange remind's him of Pique's sunshine and playful persona. Everything, somehow, relates to Pique. It's quite absurd but annoying, if anything.

All he hopes now is to move on eventually, or else he'll have to force himself to leave the club earlier than planned.

There's no other way.