Good things take time (Gavi x Felix)

Felix didn't want to let go off his girlfriend, although he knew that his girlfriend has already crossed the line of their relationship multiple times and Felix has given her enough chances to learn from her mistakes while he forced his heart to recover from the trauma and convince himself to believe in her all over again until she'd repeat the same thing and he'd soon realize that he's been stuck in a loop since the beginning.

Truth be told, Felix is a loyal and honest man. He's loved his girlfriend so much and gave her chances to learn from her mistakes solely because he was so much in love with her and simply forgave her for the sake of their relationship to last.

It's reached it's limit now.

Felix knows he has to let her go, because she clearly doesn't want him.

And so he let her go, patiently waiting for the goodness of the future to bless him with positivity that he was never able to see as long as he was with his ex girlfriend.

Felix decided that a new environment would help him get rid of the feeling of grief and loneliness. So he decided to go to Barca on a loan from Atletico Madrid, since he isn't quite sure if Barca still has the friendly environment it used to have, although it's the club he's always wanted to be a part of since childhood.

Being a part of Barca's history, let it be in their times where they failed or let it be when they were glorified in victory, it's a different sort of prestige.

Turns out, it's just as great as he's always hoped for it to be. Friendliness is an understatement, as the age gap between players doesn't seem to affect their conversations and interactions whatsoever. It seems like everybody is in their youth, jumping around and at the same time performing well at practice.

But one person that he noticed that arose more commotion than anyone in particular was a very young and good looking boy, supposedly named Gavi. As Felix saw and analysed, Gavi loves to talk and have people playing around and tagging along with his mischievous activities.

Felix can remember his last encounter with this very boy, back when he was still in Atletico Madrid. Gavi had harshly tackled him to the ground and had shown much attitude for his age, and they had argued for a good 2 minutes untik Gavi was given a yellow card.

It didn't feel pleasant to recall such memory as they'll be playing alongside each other now and he doesn't want things between them to be awkward although Gavi's attitude might get quite questionable sometimes. Getting Gavi angry is the equivalent of trying to annoy an animal and get it to react wildly by purpose.

Although Gavi's personality off pitch is a contrary to that of on pitch, because as Felix is watching them practice, he can see Gavi laughing around and taking turns hanging on everyone's back like a koala.

Even if it is from afar, Felix can see the soft brown freckles on the bridge of his nose and the blush creeping up from his neck to his cheeks. His big, doe eyes are wandering around out of curiosity and wonder, full of energy and so much enthusiasm that's hard to believe is possible for a human being to have.

Felix didn't realize he'd zoned out from staring for so long, until a tap on the shoulder brought him back from his trance and caused his head to turn to his right shoulder.

There stood the same boy that had gotten him so invested into what he was doing, smiling and looking at him with wide eyes that made his heart thump harder with each passing minute.

- "Hi!"

Gavi waved, although they're just a few feet apart. Felix smiled and waved back. He didn't know what to say either than to keep staring into his beautiful voidless brown eyes that captivated him faster than initially expected.