100th Chapter Special 🎊 (Ronaldo X T. Courtois)

Okay this a short message but feel free to skip it.

Firstly, thank you to all those who have been supporting me throughout this journey. It all started as a little hobby, and I never thought this would ever turn into such a huge project. Thank you all for being in my favor all along.

And as we've reached the 100th episode, I wanted to make it a bit different than my usual ones. Thereby, I present you all this newly discovered rarepair, one of a kind- Cris x Thibaut!
Credits to THIS very amazing human - bicho_lover for gifting us with their invention.

Okay, now to the story-->

_________

It's been a good five months ever since Cristiano left on a loan to Manchester, and things haven't been the same between Courtois and Cristiano ever since.

They'd always share everything with each other, making sure not to leave out anything that happened throughput their day. But once Cristiano left, their conversations over phone calls and texts began to slowly dry out to a point where they'd not realize they'd been practically not communicate for days.

But again, since their conversations have completely dried out, it feels awkward whenever neither of them are able to bring up a topic to start a conversation.

Courtois never expected their temporary seperation to have such a huge impact on him. But it only made sense that it did, because he's absolutely head over heels for Cristiano, like he fell in love with him just yesterday.

It's hard for the German to wake up every morning to the left side of the bed empty and cold with no Cristiano laying there for him to wake up.

When he thought life couldn't get any harder, his twisted his ankle during practice. Although he's greatful that it's only a simple sprain and not a horrible fracture; once he returned home, he was ready to take back whatever he said about the sprain being better off than a fracture.

Because he couldn't place even a tiny bit of pressure for the first few days. It's been a terrible experience for him, facing trouble to do the simplest of tasks because of his short term injury.

By the 2nd week, his heart lingered for Cristiano. He's tired of waking up every morning to the cold air of his Air Conditioner hitting his face, and not Cristiano's soft and slow breathes.

And the worst part of it all is,- he's too scared to call Cristiano. He's afraid it'll end up all awkward like last time, and he'll not be able to muster up the strength to just simply say that he's injured and he misses him.

In all honesty, they're just not used to being seperated for so long. Although it is a loan and he'll be back, the whole fact that Cristiano isn't here and won't be back until next year just sucks.

He misses talking hours on end without a care in the world; listening to all of Cristiano's rants.

But the lingering feeling is slowly feeding off him in the inside. And the only cure to it is to get over this sadness and just talk to him but again, that's the problem. He's not sure if he can bring up a conversation; he just doesn't want to make the latter upset than he assumes that he already is from their seperation.

Nonetheless, Courtois grabs his phone and hesitantly lets his finger hover over Cristiano's contact, before deciding to just go for it. What's the worst that could happen, anyway? They're lovers.

He presses his phone to his ear, hesitantly waiting for his lover to pick up. As much as he's excited, he's nervous, too.

After a few seconds a soft but worn out voice saying 'hello' breaks through the silence. Courtois's eyes light up in happiness, but the light soon dies down to a tiny speck, realizing how sad and worn out Cristiano sounds from the other line.