Inseperable pt.2

THIS ONE'S FOR YOU @YourfavgurlMimi

__________

The duel went on like a wildfire that couldn't be put down, until it was forced to weaken its roaring flames of alter ego seeing how it hadn't made much of a good difference to Jude's mentality of choosing any one between the two.

It burned him and hurt him, made him feel more frustrated than he's ever been. The smile begun to fade, and his comical laugh didn't seem to echo across the field anymore. This little stoppage in what his two best friends considered a regularly needed supply, humbled their slowly rising ego that would've touched the skies if not been humbled.

They'd come to realize, no matter how hard they'd go against each other, it wouldn't work, and neither would it make Jude any happier. Because they weren't the same anymore, for a long period of time. Much more different and cold in personality than they'd used to be, to prove of their masculinity to Jude.

But that's not what Jude wanted. He wanted both of them to be his friends and treat him like they always did: push and throw him around, laugh together, have fun together. And not compete against each other. It's what Jude hated the most.

Although he wasn't yet aware of the reason behind the failing competence of holding their friendship together, he didn't want to bother to know it either. All he wanted was things to go back to the way it was.

Thus, Haaland and Gio had no choice but to do it for the sake of their beloved Jude.

As much as they hated to do this, they had to bring it all back. And the fact that only one of them would be able to win Jude's heart pained them more to have to think of Jude adoring the other more than them. If it pained so much to only think of what could happen, hell knows how badly it'd deminish their proper state of mind.

- "So Haaland.." Gio started off, coughing to break the awkward silence.

Although Gio felt sad himself thinking it might be Haaland that Jude will choose, he can see how equally as sad and limp Haaland seems to be, his posture completely slacked and bags under his eyes.

Yet, to comply with his usual attitude, he put up a small smile.

It hurt Gio, but he couldn't do anything about it.

- "Do you wanna do it? He probably likes you more man.."

- "No no, you should go for him bro, you two would look great together."

Haaland replied in stutters, not being able to muster the strength to look up at Gio and talk. He seemed to be facing trouble to hold his smile, swallowing a lump in his throat, standing up to turn away and run the sleeve of his shirt across his face.

- "Haaland are you crying..? Bro I didn't mean to-"

Haaland turned to Gio and chuckled, sniffling. He pat Gio's shoulder and squeezed it, giving in to the overpowering feeling of sadness beginning to consume him.

- "You take care of Jude, I have to go now." Haaland said before Gio could do anything, sprinting out of the cafe with his hoodie lifted.

Gio sighed and kicked at the floor, feeling defeated. Why? He doesn't know.

All he knows is he'll never be able to have their bond back. He knows that it's over and only one of them will be able to get through to Jude's heart, and the other will be left to be ignored and go through the awaiting misery.

And although he's happy that he might be chosen, to think of seeing Haaland upset like that would make Gio seem like a traitor to have betrayed the honesty they had in their brotherly bond.