Childhood sweetheart (Neymessi)

How he was a scrawny, tanned little boy giggling and playing tag with me once, now all grown boy in high school. The best thing is, we never left each other's side.

My heart pounds hard when his emerald eyes look into mine, a feeling I don't know how to describe. Ever since childhood, Ney has been someone who's very gullible, which made me very over-protective towards him while growing up together. You might be asking, how did we grow up together? Best friends? Not exactly.

Our parents were great friends over bussiness affairs, which led to us meeting. The first time I met him was when I was 9, and he was 5. The memory of him smiling goofily and waving at me with joy is still vivid. I stopped chickening out of everything, because of him. He brought a change in me throughout the years of our bond. Now I'm doubting my feelings towards him.

I don't know why, but it's just impossible for my day to go without seeing Ney smile. He's remained the same as he was as a child; a scrawny and tanned boy with a lovely smile and bold emarald eyes. Something about him screamed innocense, and he's prone to getting in trouble since people are envious of his grades. I try to be around him whenver I can, but it drives me crazy.

He drives me crazy, and still is. My brain racks of his images day and night, and I'm starting to develop feelings for him which I don't think I'm supposed to but he's perfect to fit into that position anyway. It's awful that he sees me as a big brother, but I'm happy we have a tight; un-breakable bond.

---

- "Ney, time to go. I told you it'd be a bad idea to take a nap in the afternoon, you know practice starts after half an hour and it gets 15 minutes to get there Ney. Moreover, we have to warm up-" Lionel chuckles as a pillow gets thrown to his face, which he catches and tosses away. The rest of the pillows come and go by, soon leaving Neymar nothing to sleep on. But Neymar being Neymar, doesn't give up just yet. He flips to his stomach and pretends to sleep.

His pretence was a good for nothing, and he knew. Even Lionel knew that Ney knew, he was too used to getting the tantrums thrown on him, specially when Lionel stays over at times.

- "You love me." Neymar comes running to Lionel to disapprove, as Lionel laughs. Despite the play, Lionel feels a pang to his heart. He himself didn't know why, but it made him somewhat gloomy to know that Neymar sees him nothing more than a big brother, or that's what he thought.

But this aside, there's something coming ahead which he fears alot, and that being, leaving for college. He's afraid that day will be around the corner, leaving Neymar alone and devastated with his company. They were too attached to one another, which Lionel feared would soon break Neymar's heart on his departure for college.

---

- "I'm sure Lionel will be a bright student, isn't that right son?" Mrs.Gonzales smiled, turning to her son, noticing how dejected he is. His eyes are dull, his face is pale, he's been limp ever since he knew. She sighed, with nothing to do about it.

- "Y-Yes mami.." Neymar said silently, his expression blank. The room went silent for a split second while everyone took that second to look over to Neymar, and the gloomy-ness he was radiating.

Mrs.Cuccuttini was quick to sort the situation, excusing herself to Lionel's room immediately. Finishing the stairs, she barged in which took Lionel by surprise, who was sitting by the window, now attempting to wipe as much of the tears on his cheeks as possible. She sighed, knowing that things aren't okay, but the two have to accept it, because it's reality.

- "Leo..I know." She just says, while Lionel stared at her before bursting into tears and into her embrace. She managed to shush him and pulled back, wiping away his tears. Lionel looks at her as if questioning something, to which she gives a tight clench to his shoulder and nods with an assuring smile.