Brought to you by @joebts pt.2

- "Sir, I think we lost him.."

- "No we didn't!" Zidane screamed in anger. Everyone else remained silent with their head hung low.

- "I recruited the best only to loose him?  You guys are useless!" He spat and stormed out of the room. Everyone sighed, ex-changing glances of worry.

---

Neymar sat expressionlessly, while Lionel smoked in the balcony facing to the gardens of his mansion. Neymar snorted and rolled his eyes, looking around with zero enthusiasm. Everything was plain and boring. There was nothing he could possibly do.

Neymar felt the strong urge to just barge out of the room and escape but that warning kept bugging him.

- "You know that I'll kill them if you do,"

Neymar felt shivers, Jumping out of his trance. He sighed, questioning his existence. This just wasn't supposed to be. It didn't feel like destiny. It felt like he was trapped from soaring high. Lionel walked back inside, sitting beside him.

- "Hey Ney, what's wrong?"

- "Everything," Neymar whispered, falling onto the bed, his legs still hanging. Lionel leaned on his hand and stared at him with a smile.

- "Everything?"

- "Yeah, Everything."

- "Me too?" Neymar fell into shortage of words and he himself didn't know why. He hates Lionel, then why can't he just say he hates him too? Something's blocking him, he just can't. Looking at Lionel's face, it just makes him wanna say 'I love you' instead. Neymar felt ashamed to be at a loss of words to his simple query.

- "I knew you wouldn't answer that." Lionel mumbled, placing a soft kiss on his cheek.

- "Wanna go out?"

- "You don't care about dying, do you?"

- "Why would I? I see that someone already does." Lionel hugged Neymar and started to shower him with soft kisses all over the face. Neymae couldn't help but to smile , despite everything. Oddly enough, it felt right, even though how wrong the whole concept of this situation screamed.

- "I can't believe I was able to get a hold of you.." Lionel stated, his eyes reading something which Neymar found hard to express. Neymar remained silent while Lionel surger forward, changing their position into something like Messi's hovering over Neymar.

Lionel took his hand and kisses his knuckles, trailing them from his chest to his leg then....ankle? Neymar was slightly taken back by his approach, as the elder looked him in straight in the eye.

- "My ankles are dirty.."

- "I don't care, I love you, and that's all I know."

- "It's nothing but infatuation Messi! You don't really love me!" Neymar left Lionel's grip, protesting. Lionel's eyes softened more than it already was, taking a few steps closer to Neymar.

- "Stay away from me." Neymar warned and stormed out of the room, as if he couldn't be careless enough. Lionel just sighed and laughed to himself, collapsing on the bed. I've never been love, or will be, perhaps..Lionel mumbled sadly, pushing away the tears that welled up in his eyes.

There was nothing he could do about it. Being born into a family witha big pocket, it was all body gestures and nothing else. No ex-change of words, or expressing emotions. Lionel had been forced to be in pain all his life. Now, that he saw he something he loved, he wanted it under his possession.

But not being too familiar with love, he doesn't understand how to exactly carry the whole thing out properly. And that's exactly what disappointed Neymar. Yes, Lionel chained him first, because he's too scared to loose Neymar.

He's so desperate for love. So willing. But Neymar was blinded by his deeds and status. Lionel had nothing to do now, than waiting. As much as Lionel was tensed that Neymar would leave, he couldn't force him into this. Lionel knew, at some point, he would end up hurting himself anyway. But as long as Neymar is here, he wanted savor the feeling of love.

Pacing around the room, he constantly watched the clock. It had already been a few hours since Neymar left. Lionel groaned and punched the wall in frustration, hearing a squeel and the door clash with the wall. Lionel turned, and to his delight, stood Neymar.

- "Ney..?"

- "What the fuck Leo..?" Neymar mumbled, staring into Lionel's bloodshot eyes, now softening to ones which look like he's been crying for hours. Neymar couldn't believe a gangster would be this sensitive, and so persistent towards keeping a person they built a liking towards. Now Neymar really felt a tug towards Lionel, too.

- "Ney.." Messi croaked, grinning happily. No matter how happy he looks, behind it, is a broken and dis-dained man. Neymar could see right through, and lord knows what happened, but he felt the need to just hug him.

- "Come here.." Neymar opened his arms as Messi lunged in. The warmth that he'd been longing for years, that he'd never gotten even from his own mother. Messi sobbed quietly into Neymar's shoulder.

Neymar didn't understand what had gotten into him, but it almost felt like Messi needed love. It's all that he needed to mold into a normal man, rather than the psychaotic one he's now. Miraculously, Neymar got the hint. He really didn't want to hand him down to the police. He wanted to shape Lionel into a normal man, perhaps his boyfriend?

The last part racked in his brain. But Neymar pushed it aside. He had to comfort Messi now.

The man he'd been assigned to kill, was now the closest to his heart. Unreal, isn't it?

- "It's alright Messi..." Neymar whispered, sitting him on the bed.

- "You don't hate me..?" Messi sniffled, looking at him with hopeless eyes. But somehow, they still had a small glint kf hope Neymar was quick to notice. Neymar sighed.

Neymar didn't understand what to say. Here he's stuck with the guy he was supposed to detain. He's having mixed feelings about him. He's not sure if it's love or infatuation. It felt so wrong to be in love with a criminal, yet so right.

- "You know I don't have an answer to that, Messi."

_____________

I was going through this book when I noticed I left this one at a cliffhanger. So i decided to make the pt.2 before making hakimi x mbappe which i'll be doing now. Comment if you want a pt. 3 cuz ik u guys do :)