See you smile pt.3

Saying that he's in love is an understatement.

Because this is a sort of love he's never felt. Although he's not a novice when it's about what goes on in a relationship, having sparks flow around that aren't even existent whenever he looks at Lionel and comes across that, shy smile makes his head go crazy.

If he's being honest, his sanity falls apart whenever their gazes collide, or just whenever their hands simply touch, although he'll never admit that he's already going insane without Lionel ever doing anything as simple as holding hands. And yet, he's excelling his job at making the Portuguese go insane by doing something as simple as smiling.

After his seperation from James, it's been all about Leo. He could relate anything and everything to Leo, solely because it feels his heart with the serenity and satisfaction that he never got when he used to be with James. Although to be fair, James was and still is a novice, so it's only fair that he's given a chance at love again, but with someone else.

Ever since Leo has happened, it's been hard for him to not smile like an idiot and keeping falling into a trance from staring into Leo's voidless, dark brown eyes that has never failed to entice him.

Cristiano, at the moment, isn't exactly sure if such obnoxious and absurd behaviour on a daily basiss is normal. Not when nobody is doing anything to attract the slighest of attention, even Leo.

If we're being honest, Leo is a very quiet guy that likes to talk less and do more, which is probably a fact about him that everyone has made sure to remember at the back of their heads. He acts like an awfully ordinary guy living in the heart of Spain, but the truth is, he's one of the most extraordinary men that the world of football has been blessed with the grace of.

The way he tries to avoid the quick, unpleasant flashes of several cameras instead of choosing to stand still for the next few minutes, perk his lips to an awkward smile and force his lashes from fluttering against the flashes to try and keep the violently bright light away from his eyes. A polar opposite of how Cristiano always responds to most paparazzi.

It's almost amusing how two people with characteristics completely polar opposite of each other happen to be more compatible than any two people with the same characteristics.

Cristiano's mind goes on for hours thinking how someone so open and congenial can manage to be fond of someone who'd do anything to stay in a corner, all to himself, and spend the day doing nothing, at least if that's what  would keep him away from the ridiculed shouts and screams of his fans  as he'd try to walk past them on a daily basis.

Well, that's what gave way if anyone looked at him. It seemed like he'd do anything to keep himself stored away from the fame of pursuing a dream he thought didn't include the hungry eyes of paparazzi.

Cristiano almost felt a bit sad coming to think of how uncomfortable things might've gotten for the Argentine sometimes. But looking at the same figure sitting on the sofa across the table reading a book with his lips pursed and eyes locked to the page; he is reminded how calm and collected Leo is.

It's bizarre how he manages to digest all the consequences of fame without uttering a single complaint or worst of all; ever faltering.

All this strength, durability and will of holding his liability and dignity to all himself coming from someone as shy and unnerved looking as Leo? It didn't feel convincing.

With so much going through his head, he hadn't realized that he'd been staring at Leo for such a long time while doing so. Because when he finally  shuffled out of his original position from leaning against the thick hand rest of the couch, he was met with a Leo staring back at him, but quickly retrieved his gaze back to where it originally was; at the book.

Cristiano smiled and chuckled, probably the most genuine one ever since he's taken on the path of healing.

Hearing it, Leo is glad. But it makes him more glad to know that he's a part of Cris's healing process.

Yet, he's not sure if deeming himself as an important figure here would be right.

Cristiano has been so brave and so strong to have held on and given love a second chance after facing what he has deemed to me the most brutal heartbreak he's ever had.

But he's happy that it's something left behind in the nightmares of the past now, which won't be returning to the daylights of his memory any soon.

Even if it does, he knows Leo will be there by his side to lull him through the nightmare until he's made sure that Cris is sleeping again.

Cristiano has been a different man since Leo conquered a larger portion of his life. He feels much more youthful; like his possibilities of doing something ridiculous are endless.

But on second thought, he doubts if Leo would ever let him act so ridiculous.

Speaking of ridiculous, he's just been reminded of something so obvious, yet his mind's only crossed it now.

His house. No, his and James' house.

- "Leo?"

- "Yes?"

- "Did James visit you?"

- "You would've known if he ever did."

Leo knew he's lying through his teeth now and that too, to Cris. But he can't raise the hot topic of James anymore, Cris has come far with his recovery, and he cant let Cris know about it and get all complexed and heated about it all over again.

- "Well..this might be a bit stupid of me to ask you, but.."

- "Just ask it already, I'm fine with anything, really"

He reassured, coming to sit beside Cris and place a hand on his thigh, almost as if done in a reflex.

- "You know my house, right? The one James and I used to live in?"

- "Yeah, what about it?"

- "I was wondering if I should go back or stay here, since, you know, we've bonded over and all.."

Cristiano managed to fumble with his a little bit and although it came out as a bit of a broken sort of sentence with weak hints trying to guide it to the main reason, he still did squeeze it out of his stomach.

- "Oh well, James is living in it. And if you think us living seperately is fine then I can stick to that too, which is probably a much more preferably better option in my opinion. But if anything, I need to know what you think."

The concern in Leo's voice was evident just as much as the wall of confidence he tried to hide the concern with.

- "Living with you sounds better to me, because my life is mine and I don't give two shits about what anyone else has to say about what I choose to do. I'll fuck daylights out of you, I'll let them see, and then maybe they can try and critique that, which they can't. I love every inch of you and thus I want to live with you, is that a problem?"

Cristiano finished, well quite not yet, still cocking up a brow and turning to Leo as if a deer caught in headlights.

- "I don't think it's much of a p-problem if we keep it down,"

Leo suggested, quite literally.

But what Cristiano had in mind is anything but trying to be modest and humble.

Nevertheless, he nodded in a much discreet manner.

Poor Leo, sitting beside his lover, not yet been informed about his lover's dirty plans for the night, or if possible, day even.

____________

Babe my sleeping schedule killed my head today morning i need help ASAP