Like a moth to the flame (Kdb x Courtois)

Kevin is a simple man who has never wanted much in his life to begin with.

Childhood was bland and lifeless like that of a movie with no sound. His parents never found him worthy enough to breathe the same air as they did, and gave him away to the hands of foster parents to another city where he'd grow up in a much more strict and controlled environment where if emotions were raw, you'd be called pathetic and weak.

It wasn't too long before his foster parents got tired of him. Kevin never reacted either way, always keeping himself silent and emotionless, tending not to say much but to listen more, never disclosing his opinion or say. But every word that did come out of his mouth was always filtered by his parents that he was sent back to, only to be tormented more, before he'd finally be old enough to move out and be free.

Although he grew up and freed himself from a fuckton of problems that would've been a grudge that he would be bound to carry, and now that he's free, he's simply not expressing anything about it either. He's just as silent as he had always been warned to be.

Even as a child, he had never whined or cried or screamed for any toy or candy that might've caught his eye. Because of his obedience, he was spared of the beating, or else his body would be littered with scars now. Even Kevin himself is surprised how he managed to be so obidient as a child, whenever he thinks about it.

He's like the dream child that every parent would like to have. Quiet but witty, athletic, obedient, persistent and smart. But his parents never found any part of his persona so incredibly bizarre to feed their satisfaction, so they only let out their anger on him as a result.

Kevin grew up seeing his parents frown and hearing them yell out terrible words of degradation when he was supposed to be nurtured by his parents and be loved by them for how he is.

His childhood passed by the windowsill watching the leaves fall to the ground and slowly crinkle as the seasons passed and the years progressed and before he could realize, his teenage years had already begun, in which he sat through a shitton of his parents constant fights and slangs which were directed to him and his personality that they found stupid.

Kevin went on to continue to go after his undying passion for football, the one thing from this earth that's so dear to him, that makes a soft spot in his heart and wanders in every bit of his soul where it warms him and which now gives him hopes of the future ahead. Maybe a career as a professional footballer?

Running metre after metre and using all the energy to the last atom left in his body and wringing all the sweat out of him just to win the possession of a ball at his feet? Seems quite stupid if you think of it that way, but no one would understand unless they'd witness the persistency and patience needed to perfect the art of handling a ball at one's feet.

Kevin, at 20 years of age as of now, lives in a small, rented apartment in Belgium, not getting much time to stay back in his apartment as his week is packed with random and exhausting training schedules. And although these schedules might sound boring, there's one thing he's excited to do that he has marked in his schedule: visiting the club Chelsea in England.

He never thought that his passion would take him as far as being accepted by a club as big and prestigious as Chelsea. The realization of having big shoes to fill in Chelsea dawns upon him, flaying the smile off his face.

Kevin decides to train an hour extra if needed. Let it cost him a few less hours of sleep, and a few more extra hours of tedious work and more persistency-- atleast it'd get him to a renowned club where, if, he managed to do good, would be considered as one of the many young talents of Chelsea.

Then, again, this is football. There are thousands of other players that are probably better than him both in physicality and skill-wise, but Kevin's wit in general is unmatched. He's always straightforward and never expressive, so a few first matches of loss shouldn't be too much of a heavy weight to carry.