Chapter 3: Home

At the Monastery of Spinjitzu Wu is meditating. He is interrupted by hearing the ninja arguing. Wu goes to the video game room only to find that none of the Ninja are there. Wu goes to the training compound and is shocked to see that the Ninja are actually training. Jay is deflecting arrows with his weapon, Cole is practicing on the dummies. Kai is practicing his Spinjitzu, and Zane is meditating.

Zane suddenly gets up from his meditation process and disturbs the other Ninja. He starts by jumping in front of Jay. He steals Cole's weapon for the dummy test and his spinjitzu freezes the whole compound, causing Kai to slip.

Aria opened the compound's door and looked around "Kai why are you on the floor?"

"Oh you know, stretching." Kai replies before looking at Zane

Aria walks over to talk to Zane while Kai, Jay and Cole regroup with Wu walking over.

"How are you feeling?" Aria asks Zane

"I am fine," Zane smiles to her "How was your nap?"

"Bad.." Aria looks down

"What is the matter?" Zane asks worried

"I had a bad dream." Aria replies

"Bad dreams are a sign of stress, anxiety, irregular sleep, medications, and mental health disorders." Zane tells her "Are you experiencing any of these?"

Aria laughs before looking up at him "Not anymore."

The Postman arrives the Monastery with the Ninja's mail.

"Mail!" Kai, Jay, and Cole all run excitedly to the door.

Postman took out their mail "Let's see. A letter from Jay's parents" Jay grabs it "Kai has a fan letter" Kai grabs it "Oh, something from Cole's father" Cole grabs it.

"What? No package?" Cole questions "I'm expecting something from Creatures, Beasts, and Beyond"

"No. Nothing from...uh-uh. Here it is!" He hands a box to Cole and leaves.

"Hey, Zane. How come you never hear anything from your parents?" Jay asks

"I don't remember my parents. I've been an orphan all my life" Zane replies

"What about you Aria?" Kai questions "Doesn't your mom ever write to see how you're doing?"

"Uh.." Aria looks down and holds onto her dress "yeah of course she does.. I'm sure she's busy."

"Kai." Cole hits him on the back of the head

"Ow- what?" Kai looks confused

"Zane, would you bake me something?" Aria asks him hopefully

"Certainly" Zane says holding his hand out to her

Aria takes his hand and he leads her inside the building.

"Kai, we don't ask the princess about her mother." Jay tells him looking annoyed

"Why not?" Kai asks "The Empress writes to her at least doesn't she? She's still her mother."

"Unfortunately," Wu sighs "The Empress has never wanted to see Aria, ever since she was a small child. She reminds her, of her late husband."

"So she ignores Aria?!" Kai questions angrily

"My Aunt Layla would ship Aria off to any place she could anytime Aria seeked out her attention." Cole explains "My house, her sensei's house, and now here."

"That's so wrong," Kai looks down saddened "she's just a kid."

Inside the Monastery, Zane baked cookies for Aria and himself while Aria sat on top of the counter watching. Once done, Zane happily handed her the plate.