Chapter 68: The Oni and the Dragon

The Ninja land the Bounty in Hollow's Bluff.

"Is this where we'll be living?" Harumi asks

"Just until we know you're safe" Lloyd replies

"Don't you have a headquarters?" Harumi questions

"It's too in-the-open. The Sons of Garmadon will be looking for you. We'll need to keep moving" Lloyd tells her before turning to Zero "What about you? Will you be staying with us?"

"No," Zero shakes his head "I need to find my mother and sister."

"Stay in touch," Lloyd says "please.. find her."

"I will," Zero promises

As the Ninja and Zero head their sperate ways, the royal knights are in their headquarters keeping an eye out for anything about the Sons of Garmadon. Reika brought Aria water and a change of clothes as soon as she woke up.

"Wifey I'm coming in," Reika knocks on the door before entering her room

Aria was brushing her hair as she turned to Reika.

"How are you feeling?" Reika asks

"Fine," Aria replies "have you gotten in touch with the ninja yet?"

"Not yet but we know they made it out of the palace," Reika replies with a smile as she handed Aria the clothes "best you take a shower and change first."

"I can't rest until I know my family is safe," Aria shakes her head "if Harumi is with them they're in danger."

"I know, but they'd want you to take care of yourself first," Reika tells her "you'll worry Lloyd to death if he sees you like this."

Aria sighs "You're right."

"Of course I am," Reika says "Kai is probably running around trying to find you at this moment. You know him, he's a worrier."

"You're right," Aria smiles "we have reliable brothers."

Reika walked back out to the guards as Aria went to get cleaned up.

"We got a message from prince Zero," Hanabusa tells her as she walked out "he had escaped safely with the ninja."

"What about Empress Layla?" Reika asks

"Nothing yet," Hanabusa shakes his head "Prince Zero is being escorted here by Akatsuki now."

"Any siting on Harumi yet?" Kaname asks as he enters the room

"Not yet sir," Reika replies "but princess Aria is getting ready as we speak."

"Once our leader is in better condition we'll be able to get a hold on things." Kaname sighs "This entire event has given me a headache."

At that moment Zero came running into the room with Akatsuki, another knight, behind him.

"Where is Aria?!" Zero shouts

"Relax, she's in the shower," Reika says

"I need to go see her," Zero goes to run off but Reika grabs him by the collar

"Heel boy," Reika says strictly "If I'm not allowed in there neither are you."

"But I'm her brother," Zero argues

"And I'm her wife," Reika replies "but Aria needs the time alone right now."

"Lloyd and the ninja are worried sick about her," Zero says "we need to get a message to them."

"I agree," Aria enters the room.

"Yo.." Reika coughs "god I'm simping."

"You literally chose that outfit for her," Zero gives her a stare

"And?" Reika smirks "My wife looks hot."

"I know, now where is Harumi?" Aria asks turning to her brother

"With the ninja," Zero replies "safe, unfortunately."

"Then we need to get to them fast," Aria crosses her arms "Harumi is the one behind the palace's destruction."

"It is as I feared then," Zero says "they don't plan to stay in the same place for long, I don't think we'd reach them in time."

"If Harumi wanted the ninja dead I'm sure she would've tried to kill them when she destroyed the palace," Reika says "she locked you in a room, so we know she intended for you to die."

"We can catch the Sons of Garmadon off guard if they think you're dead your highness," Kaname tells her

"We need to get planning then," Aria turns to Kaname and Hanabusa "I refuse to be too late to safe my family."

"We will work diligently princess," Hanabusa smiles

"Good, while they do that," Aria turns to Zero "I think it's time you told me a bed time story brother."

"A bed time story?" Zero questions looking confused "What kind?"

"The tale of the Oni and the Dragon," Aria replies

Reika, Aria, and Zero sat on the couch across from each other as the other knights prepared for the impending battle.

"Long before time had a name, there was the Realm of the Oni and the Dragon." Zero began "The Dragon had the power to create. The Oni had the power to destroy. Their war was never ending. But a child arrived, born of both worlds. The child understood the power of both. Without one, you could not have the other. But when the Oni and the Dragon fought over which side the child should choose, the child abandoned their world to start a new one called Ninjago."

"So, this is the story of the First Spinjitzu Master?" Reika questions

"Yes," Zero nods "After the First Spinjitzu Master created Ninjago, he fathered two sons of his own. He thought he could escape the war. He saw the evil of the Oni was waiting to be unleashed in one of his sons, Lord Garmadon. It was up to Master Wu to control his brother's undying thirst to destroy, and with some help. Lord Garmadon was destroyed by the most powerful force of all: the love of his own son."

"The three Oni Masks are relics from the first realm, and they wield tremendous power. The power to deceive, the power of vengeance, and the power to hate." Zero continues "Together they can resurrect Lord Garmadon.. but not as we knew him.. the one with the presence of our father's powers, a dark carnation."

"And my power will grow weaker," Aria states

"Your dark power yes.." Zero sighs before looking at her "their's a continuation to this story."

"What continuation?" Aria questions

"The First Spinjitzu Master has passed, but their is now a second child born of both the Oni and the Dragon," Zero says

"Aria!" Reika shouts before looking at Zero "Empress Layla is an Oni and the Overlord was a dragon right? Aria's the second born from both worlds."

"Yes," Zero confirms "Aria has the potential to wield the power of the dragon as well as the Oni."

"Huh?" Aria looks confused "I knew dad could turn into a dragon, but, I thought he was an Oni? He was pure evil."

"You're forgetting dad hasn't always been bad," Zero says "it was mother's greed that made him do bad things. When she eventually broke his heart was when he truly became a master of the dark arts. Dad was a noble dragon, but he fell in love with an Oni."

"Wha.." Aria looks at her hands "I- I can do what Lloyd does? I can become a master of creation?"

"Where else do you think your fire, ice, earth, and lightning came from?" Zero chuckles "You aren't dad Aria, haven't you noticed that from the beginning? Master Wu took you in to train you to be what you truly are. You can be the piece between the worlds."

"But Lloyd's the golden master," Aria says "isn't he?"

"He is," Zero says "You two were born into this world to be the peace makers. That is what I truly believe."