Chapter 97: Awakenings

"I swear when we get home-" Lloyd makes an annoyed sound

"You guys left without me though," Aria whines "that wasn't fair."

"We had a reason!" Lloyd shouts

"A terrible reason really," Aria says before pointing to Zane "you really think I wasn't going to come save Zane."

"My name is not Zane!" The Ice Emperor interrupts angrily

"Yes, it is!" Lloyd throws off his hood, facing him "And you're going to remember it, if I have to knock it into your thick Nindroid skull!"

"You... know the Emperor!" Akita looks mad and confused

"He's not an Emperor, he's my friend. He's the one I'm here to rescue." Lloyd tells her "It's hard to explain, but I can't let you hurt him, Akita."

Akita growls and her anger helps break her hand free from the corrupted Ice "My will is not yours to command!"

"Maybe not," Aria walks towards them "but it is mine."

"Get out of my way!" Akita shouts at her

"I'll handle the wittle doggie Lloydie," Aria smiles "you save our brother."

Lloyd nods as he moves closer to Zane as Aria stands between them and Akita. Zane blasts his ice at Lloyd and he blocks it with his Energy, then throws it off. Akita transforms into a wolf as Aria does as well.

"We're gonna talk about that too!" Lloyd shouts over his shoulder

Akita and Aria tackle each other as Lloyd races around a corner and Zane pursues him. Lloyd ducks as Zane blasts ice at him and runs up a pillar, returning the ice, followed by his blows of Energy at him.

"Wake up, Zane!" Lloyd shouts

The Ice Emperor knocks him to the ground, grabs his feet, and whips him around. He then blasts his ice at Lloyd that covers his whole body, except for his head. Aria knocks Akita into a pillar before turning and jumping onto Zane, biting down on his arm.

"Aria!" Lloyd shouts

The Ice Emperor whacks her on the head with his staff repeatedly and Lloyd shouts in worry.

"Aria let go!" Lloyd shouts

Aria refused to let go and just bit down harder. The Ice Emperor eventually forced her off, sending her into Lloyd, who was still frozen in ice.

"Aria, are you ok?!" Lloyd asks worriedly

Aria transforms into her human form panting as blood visibly ran down her forehead.

"I told you to let go idiot!" Lloyd tells her "Your head-"

"I'm fine just shut up," Aria says as she stood up

"Do it, Master. Finish it!" Vex shouts as he enters the room

"Zane," Lloyd says looking over at him

The Ice Emperor walked towards them as Aria stood in front of Lloyd protectively. 

"Aria leave, find the others!" Lloyd tells her frantically.

"I won't," Aria states staring at Zane "Zane wouldn't really hurt us, we're his family."

Zane pauses and shakes his head in confusion.

"He's already hurt you, he's not himself," Lloyd says "just escape and find the others."

"I'll do it" Vex grabs one of the Blizzard Warrior's spears and walks towards them "Hmm, hmm. Some savior you turned out to be green one. You couldn't defeat the Emperor, you couldn't protect your friends, you couldn't even protect yourself."