Chapter 61: Day of the Departed

I'll be honest, I cried.. I cried a bit writing this.

Aria spent more time with Cole then the other ninja in passing time. Lloyd and her had gone on many dates but she seemed distant which was unusual for her. Even when Lloyd and Reika bickered she didn't intervene.

The Ninja divide for their own personal memorials on the Day of the Departed: Lloyd and Misako commemorate Garmadon at the Corridor of Elders; Kai, Reika, and Nya remember their mother and father at their blacksmith shop; Zane remembers his father in Birchwood Forest; Jay spends time with his mom and dad at their junkyard, and Wu goes to the old monastery to remember his father with Aria tagging along.

"Is there someone you wish to remember today Aria?" Wu asks her as they enter the monastery

"No," Aria shakes her head "Why, am I bothering you? I can go awa-"

"No," Wu smiles "I am happy you are here."

Aria smiles, the two sit together as they look out at the eclipse.

"An eclipse is always an omen," Wu tells her "but is this one a sign of good.. or bad?"

"Bad. Very bad."

"Ah!" Aria jumps back

They see the ghost of Morro before them.

"Well, my former student." Wu says calmly "How have you returned, Morro?"

"The question is not how, but why." Morro replies

Aria gets in a fighting stance as Wu grabs his staff.

"We have fought twice before. And although it pains me, I will do so again if I must." Wu says

"No, you misunderstand." Morro puts his hands up "I'm not here to fight you. I'm here to warn you. Master Yang has put your team in terrible danger."

"What kind of danger?" Aria asks, dropping her guard.

"He's made you forget one of your own, one who was already slipping away." Morro tells them

"Are you talking about Cole?" Aria asks "the ninja have been unusually distant towards him."

"Yes exactly," Morro nods

"Tell us more." Wu commands

"I will, but aboard the Bounty." Morro agrees "We have to warn the others."

Wu looks at Aria who nods in response.

"I trust him sensei," Aria says

Morro seemed surprised by her response but smiles. They board the bounty and head towards the museum where Aria sensed the other ninja approaching.

"Are you well Aria?" Wu asks her concerned

"Yes," Aria replies, glancing at Morro.

The trio soon enter the museum and see the ninja in a group, except for Cole.

"Guys, I have the ghost story to end all ghost stories." Jay says "You will never guess what just happened."

"You battled the possessed mannequin of a mortal enemy?" Kai asks

"Him and his goons tried to send you to the Departed Realm with magic blades?" Nya questions

"But you defeated them first." Zane says

"And saw their ghosts disappear into the night." Lloyd adds

"Oh, okay, fine. You guessed." Jay crossed his arms "Well, since you know so much, why were all those ghosts out here?"