Chapter 49: Ghost Story

The Ninja are being chased by Morro's Dragon.

"Take positions" Wu orders

Jay fired the cannons at him, but missed "Aah! Let me get this straight. You're just telling us now that you had another pupil before us, and now his cursed spirit has possessed Lloyd, all so that he can take your staff?"

"Morro won't stop until he gets what he's after." Wu tells them "There's a secret message engraved on it. All these years, I had no idea."

"Of course. Ha, just another day in Ninjago" Jay says sarcastically

Cole looks out "If this is as fast as the Bounty goes, I think we're in for some serious trouble"

Morro laughs as he lands on the Bounty.

"I need ink and parchment to make an imprint to see what's on the staff" Wu says

"Kai, Reika, and I will take you to our quarters while Aria, Jay, and Cole keep him busy." Zane says

"How nice of you to volunteer us," Aria glares at him

"Well, he is your boyfriend dear," Reika replies

"..touché" Aria agrees

Jay crossed his arms "Why is it you get off with the easy task?"

"Because I'm the intelligent one" Zane replies as he, Kai, and Wu run away with Reika following them.

"He got you there," Aria turns to Jay

"Ah fine, let's take this guy" Jay gives in

Morro whips the wind around to knock Cole away. Aria and Jay try attacking him from behind only to be knocked away. Morro runs into the bounty as the three get to their feet.

"After him!" Aria shouts

Meanwhile, Nya activates autopilot and runs off to help. Nya dodges Morro's attacks, which deflates the autopilot

"Oh, that's not good" The Ninja screams as the Bounty swerves.

Nya made her way to the steering wheel "Ugh. Come on, pull up. Pull up!"

Zane and Kai fought Morro, but Zane was hit in the head with a crate.

"Your team will fall apart without its Green leader" Morro tells Kai

"I'll lead them. And make sure you go down if it's the last thing I do!" Kai shouts "Sensei says you won't give up. Well, neither will I!"

As Cole and Jay help out, Nya turns on the boosters. The Bounty barely missed the mountain, making a hole in which Kai almost falls out of. Morro tries to make him fall by using his Wind.

"You want the staff? Take it!" Wu throws the staff out and Morro chases after it. 

Aria and Cole catches Kai before he falls out.

"It's a shame," Morro says from his dragon, Aria looks up at him "If you really were her, you'd be able to save them all."

"Brace for impact!" Reika shouts

The ninja grab onto the rails as the bounty crash landed in the Forest of Tranquility. The ninja gather around.

"Everyone ok?" Reika asks

"We're all here," Aria replies

"Okay, so let's never do that again" Kai says turning to the ninja

"Ah, just think, if Sensei hadn't gotten rid of the staff, it could've been worse" Jay adds

Cole sighs "Yeah, but now we don't know the message"

"Not exactly. I managed to make an imprint" Wu showed them the symbols "My father told me long ago that he would leave a message, leading me to his final resting place. After he passed, I looked everywhere for it, not knowing it was in my hand all this time"

"Ok so these symbols will lead us to the Tomb of the First Spinjitzu Master?" Aria asks taking the paper from Wu

"Yes, only problem is I haven't the foggiest idea what any of them mean" Wu answers

"Maybe Misako can help decipher the clues since she's a total history buff" Cole suggests

"P.I.X.A.L., release the Falcon and give her our location" Zane says and the Falcon flies off

"Now all that's left is to wait," Wu says "I hope we can find the tomb before Morro."

"Yeah on another note sensei," Kai speaks up "why does Morro seem to know Aria?"

"Yeah," Jay jumps in "he said some weird things to you didn't he?"

"Well he certainly knew her name," Reika agrees "any idea love?"

"None," Aria shakes her head "I've never heard of him before.. but he seems to be mistaking me for someone else. He said 'if' i was her."

"I believe, Morro knows you from your past life," Wu tells her

"Past life?" Aria looks confused

"You mean the Aria with silver hair?" Kai asks

"You know?" Wu questions

"We traveled back in time before remember," Cole says "we saw.." he glances at Aria before looking back at Wu "she.. I mean-"

"We saw her die," Zane admits

"I died?" Aria looks confused

"We're not lying!" Jay turns to her "your natural hair is silver isn't it? Isn't it?!"

"I-" Aria looks around at the ninja "Yeah.. it is.. how did you-"

"You dyed it blonde when you were younger and have been ever since," Kai tells her "but we're getting off topic."

"We think Morro may know you from your previous life that you have no memories of," Zane clarifies

"It is possible," Wu confirms "Morro disappeared a few years before that.. event."

"So it's possible he met Aria?" Reika questions "Then Aria shouldn't use her powers for safety, we don't know if you were enemies back then."

"But I still don't understand," Aria says confused

"Perhaps," Wu looks at her "You should ask your brother?"

"Zero.. was there." Aria nods "I will see if he knows anything."

"I'll come with you," Reika says "just in case we run into Morro anywhere."

"Good idea," Kai agrees

"We'll keep you informed," Nya tells her

"Yes," Wu says as he puts a hand on Aria's shoulder "the truth may be scary, but face it head on no matter the outcome. You are not the same person you were before."

Aria looks worried as she nods in response. With that the ninja and the two girls go their separate ways.

"I'm scared," Aria admits

"How come?" Reika asks

"What if I wasn't a good person?" Aria questions "I don't know anything."

"It's like sensei said," Reika looks at her "You're not the same person, and we'll love you no matter who you use to be."

Aria smiles "thanks.."