Chapter 123: The Shape of Nya

Underground, the ninja enter the abandoned subway N line through a manhole.

"Why are we here?" Kai asks "We already know the Vengestone isn't being taken through the subway."

"Not the active subway lines, but the N line was shut down years ago." Jay says "It's abandoned!"

"According to zoning plans filed with the city, the N line was never completed." Zane explains

"What if the city stopped building the subway tunnel, but someone else finished it?" Jay questions

The group comes to the end.

"This is where the tunnel ends." Cole says

"Or, does it?" Jay starts looking around

"Maybe this whole section of wall rotates around or something." Cole suggests

Zane looks around "Scans detect no hinges or mechanisms of any kind."

Just then, they notice movement behind them. Cole approaches to find a man sleeping inside.

"Ah!" Cole jumps, startled "Huh. I don't think he's breathing."

Suddenly, the man sits up, and the ninja scream.

"Where have you been?" the man starts ranting "I've been waiting here for hours. Got another shipment for ya."

"Lemme guess. Vengestone?" Cole questions

"Ha. What else?" the old man replies "That's high-grade Shintaro V-Stone right there, as promised. Just need a signature."

Suddenly, flames appear from behind them.

"Hey, hey! Looky at what I'm looking at!" Miss Demeanor walks up to the scene "The real deal ninja. I was expecting you knuckleheads at the truckyards, but all I got was some multicolored phonies."

"You wanted us, you got us." Cole says as he and the ninja get in position "Ready to turn yourself in?"

"Hmm, lemme think. Nope!" Miss Demeanor laughs "But I am ready to part-aay. Combat style!"

"Huh?" Kai notices the gas tank strapped to her back. "Gonna be a real short fight since you wore something flammable to a battle with the elemental master of FIYAAA!"

He tries to use his fire, but the flames go out.

Lloyd looks at him "Uh, Kai? The Vengestone..."

"Suppresses elemental powers." Kai finishes with a groan "Right."

"Oh, could happen to anybody. But you know what Vengestone doesn't suppress? This baby!" Miss Demeanor blasts the ninja with her flamethrowers.

"Look out!" Lloyd and the ninja dodges

"Attack!" Miss Demeanor orders

Cole does Spinjitzu, but he knocks Jay over.

"Watch it!" Jay complains

"Sorry! Sorry." Cole apologizes "My bad."

Lloyd knocks a thug flying, whom the old man approaches.

"Just a warning, those other wannabe ninjas are moving in on your turf!" Miss Demeanor cackles

"We're not worried!" Lloyd runs toward her, but Zane throws a thug his way "Watch where you're throwing!"

Miss Demeanor cackles "Hey, what's up? You ninja out of practice or somethin'? You used to be great! You need to step it up before those other guys start horning in on⁠ yo—"

Suddenly, an arrow is shot past Miss Demeanor, they all look up to see the new ninja have show up.

The Fuchsia Ninja begins "Wherever there are criminals!"