Chapter 109: The Temple of Madness

Aria opens her eyes to see herself inside a transparent energy cube, confused, she stands up and looks out. In front of her was a massive gate made out of the fallen players cubes.

"You're awake,"

Aria turns to see Unagami, who walks towards her.

"I lost my last life," Aria states "why am I here?"

"You.. intrigue me," Unagami states "I have spent years making this game my own.. how did you break it?"

"Break it?" Aria looks confused "How did I break it?"

"You, respawned," Unagami states "I brought you here."

"It wasn't intentional," Aria tells him "Why are you doing this? Taking the innocent players lives.. to take over Ninjago?"

"I wish to see my maker," Unagami tells her "The Energy Cubes will allow me to open a portal between this realm, and the realm of the maker, so I may confront him. He attempted to shut me down. This is why I must find him. He must explain himself."

"Heh?" Aria shakes her head "You're doing this cause you have daddy issues?!"

"Define, daddy issues?" Unagami asks curiously

"Oh my god," Aria hid her face in her hand "Look-"

At that moment, Jay ran into the room, alone. 

"Congratulations," Unagami turns to him "You have beaten the game."

"And I'm about to beat you, Milton Dyer, unless you turn my friends back. Right now!" Jay shouts

"Dyer?" Unagami questions and Aria face palms

Jay crosses his arms "Yeah, I know who you are. We figured it out. So let's drop the whole Unagami thing and just call you—"

Unagami interrupts him "Dyer is my maker"

"Uh, maker?" Jay says confused

"He's not Dyer you idiot!" Aria shouts "He's Unagami! The final boss!"

"Wha-" Jay turns his attention to her "What?! You lost your last life! Aria what are you doing here?"

"I'd like to know that too!" Aria shouts hitting the energy cube she was stuck in

"Wait, he's the game?!" Jay turns to her "Oh- of course! That unfinished castle we went to for the prologue quest, that was meant to be the room for the final boss! The the key holes were meant for the key-tana's I used to get in here!"

"Ohhhh," Aria nods "yeah that makes sense."

Jay looks back up at Unagami "You're trying to go to Ninjago to confront Dyer for shutting you down?"

"I have the last Energy Cube that I require" Unagami says as Nya's cube flies towards the Gate.

The Gate activates, sending a wave throughout the game.

"The Manifestation Gate is complete. I intend to leave now. This conversation is concluded" Unagami turns around

"You're angry - you're angry at Dyer because he tried to shut you down? Because he abandoned you? You think that'll fix anything? You think that'll make you feel better? No!" Jay leaps onto a drone and fights Unagami.

"Abandoned.." Aria says before trying to get out of her cube.

"This is futile! You can do nothing to stop me" Unagami disarms Jay.

"Oh yeah? How about this?" Jay tackles Unagami, knocking him off his drone, then kicks him "Game over, Unagami!"

"I am the game. I am Prime Empire. I can choose any form I wish. Do you really think this will stop me?" Unagami shapeshifts into the Empire Dragon and attacks Jay, who is knocked aside.

"Jay!" Aria shouts

The Empire Dragon leaves through the Manifestation Gate, with many Red Visors following.

"No!" Jay shouts, some Red Visors attack him, and Jay fights back with his controller "Get back! I'm warning you!"

"Jay!" Aria tries to summon her katana but fails "Jay run!"

Red Visors pile on top of him and Jay shouts. Aria's eyes turn into slits before the game begins glitching, suddenly the cube she was in burst and Aria transformed into her dragon form. Aria roared as she used her tail to knock the red visors off of Jay.

"Aria?!" Jay shouts "What the hell?!"

Aria moved him onto her back and roared at him. The red visors shoot at Jay, Aria jumps up and lands hard, taking out all the Red Visors. She then then flies through the Manifestation Gate.

Jay holds on tight as Aria raced full speed "Let's save our friends Aria!"