Chapter 132: Distress Calls

In the city, Garmadon emerges from the wreckage of the Destiny's Bounty, throwing the heavy board that was above him and Aria.

"Are you hurt?" Garmadon asks, turning to her.

"I'm.. fine." Aria replies staring at the ground before looking up at Garmadon "She's gone.."

"I'm afraid so," Garmadon replies, holding a hand out to her.

Aria stares at his hand skeptical before looking up at him once again "Why did you help me?"

"I.." Garmadon drops his hand to his side "I don't know. It was more of an instinct, then a choice."

Aria put her hand over her mother's necklace that was safely around her neck, it was a locket.

"Are you sad?" Garmadon asks

"My mother just died, of course I am!" Aria shouts at him as tears filled her eyes.

"..sorry.." Garmadon apologizes as he turns away, Aria wiped her eyes, Garmadon looks back at her "I don't know much on the subject.. but you should know she loved you."

"I don't think she ever really loved me," Aria tells him "but I loved her."

"If she didn't love you, she wouldn't have carried you around everywhere." Garmadon states as he began to walk away

"Carry me.." Aria looks down at her mother's locket before opening it, she immediately began to cry at the sight.

" Aria looks down at her mother's locket before opening it, she immediately began to cry at the sight

Garmadon stood off to the side as Aria sobbed. After she calmed down, the two made their way through the city safely, via the sewers.

"So what exactly is your plan now?" Garmadon questions "Charging head first didn't work."

"Obviously, we're at a disadvantage here." Aria responds "I need something.. something strong enough to beat my father."

"Then embrace your power, let your anger loose. Let it make you stronger!" Garmadon says

"I've tried that!" Aria stops and turns to him "It didn't get me anywhere. Our anger makes us blind, and that's not a road I wish to take."

"Why not!?" Garmadon asks

"Cause I don't want to be like my father!" Aria shouts as her eyes glow purple "That's my greatest fear. That I'll end up like my father! He just killed his own wife! He wants to kill me, his daughter! Because, like you, he doesn't care about anything or anyone!"

"That is not true!" Garmadon argues

"Really?!" Aria argues "Cause you're walking around holding a plant!"

"Plant or not it's something I care about!" Garmadon says "Everyone cares about something! You care about Lloyd do you not?"

"Yes, and that's why I'm trying to save everyone!" Aria shouts

"But not your father?" Garmadon questions calmly

"Why would I want to save him?!" Aria shouts frustrated "Do you not just remember what happened?! He KILLED my mother!"

Aria panted after screaming and turned away from Garmadon, holding back tears.

"Then why was she trying to hard to save him?" Garmadon asks "If you won't do the same."

"...I don't know." Aria says softly

"Maybe you should listen to people's words more closely," Garmadon tells her as he walks past her "maybe then you'd have the answer."

Aria slowly began walking after Garmadon, finding a way back to the ninja. They walked in silence until Aria tripped on a pipe and fell.

"Ow," She whined

"Are you alright?" Garmadon asks turning to her

"Fine.." Aria replies

Garmadon reaches down and picks up something that fell out of her pocket. He hands it to her, Aria stares at it, the Yin and Yang fans. The weapons that use to be her fathers.

"Heh," Aria laughs lightly "I forgot I had these.. again."

"Something so precious is easily forgotten," Garmadon comments as he turns and continues walking.

Aria ran up and walked next to him "Are they?"

"You have no idea what those weapons truly are do you?" Garmadon questions, looking down at the fans in her hand "They weren't really your father's to begin with, they were meant for you."

"Meant for me?" Aria asks

"They were crafted by the first spinjitzu master," Garmadon replies "When you were born."

"I met the first spinjitzu master?" Aria questions

"As a baby yes, in your first life, so you wouldn't remember." Garmadon explains "They were a gift, from the first born Oni-Dragon, to the second." Aria looks down at her fans as Garmadon continued "He knew you would face trouble, like he did, being born from both sides."

"..both sides." Aria's eyes shine as she stared at the fans

"Hm?" Garmadon looks confused as he looked at her

"Thanks.." Aria says as she holds the fans to her chest "Sensei.."