Chapter 35: The Loss of a Brother

Sorry for the delay everyone, got busy at work and had a bit of writers block.

"Sensei!"

The girls look confused at the abandoned monastery.

"What happened here?" Reika looks around

The monastery looked ruined, there were broken parts around and the giant wheel was missing.

"It looked like a fight happened." Aria points out

"Oh girls"

The girls turned to see Misako.

"Misako" Aria ran over to her with Reika followed

"I'm glad the two of you have returned safely." Misako smiles "Did you complete your mission?"

"Yes ma'am," Reika replies "Flawlessly too."

"May I see them?" Misako asks

Aria takes out her fans and hands them to Misako, they fade and change into broken fans.

"Huh?" Aria looks surprised

"It is indeed the Yin and Yang fans." Misako confirms handing them back to Aria

The fans transform back into the White and Black fans they were.

"Is their some kind of spell on them?" Reika asks staring at the fans

"The Yin and Yang fans can only be used by a certain bloodline, if anyone else tries to use them, they will loose their power and appear broken as they did for me." Misako explains "Take good care of them Aria."

"I will." Aria smiles

"Hey, so what happened here?" Reika asks "Where's Sensei?"

"Garmadon has returned to Ninjago," Misako turns to Aria "your father was not completely destroyed by Lloyd in the final battle. He almost took control of Ninjago."

Aria gasps "We have to go stop him!"

"Hold on," Misako stops her "he's long gone.. Zane had sacrificed himself to save the city.. I'm afraid he is also gone."

"W-what?" Aria looked shocked "Zane can't be gone."

"I'm afraid so," Misako tells her sadly "I'm sorry, I know you were close to him."

"I-" Aria looks down

Reika hugs Aria "I'm sorry."

"The ninja are all in Ninjago preparing for his memorial." Misako tells her "I'm about to head there as well, you can come with me if you wish."

"No," Aria turns around "Zane isn't dead."

Misako takes her hand "I know this is very hard for you to accept.. they are having a hard time as well."

"Then tell them something for me," Aria looks at her "Zane isn't dead."

"Aria.." Misako looks upset

"Tell them, I'll find him." Aria says

Aria pulls away from Misako and Reika.

"Aria" Reika takes a step towards her

"I'll see you guys soon," Aria smiles to them before running away

"Aria!" Reika goes to run after her, but is stopped my Misako.

"Let her go," Misako tells her "people grieve in different ways."

"..I know." Reika agrees, disappointed

"Let's head to Ninjago." Misako smiles to her

"Alright," Reika turns to follow her, she looks back where Aria ran "Stay safe.."

-

Aria stood in the middle of the forest breathing heavily from running. She looked around before screaming into the sky.

"I don't remember my parents. I've been an orphan all my life."

"Why wasn't I there?!" Aria screams "This isn't fair!"

Aria's eyes turn purple as she punches a tree and it falls to the ground. She screams again and continues thrashing trees in anger.

"you all are my family"

"Is this what you wanted father?!" Aria screams at the sky

"we may not be blood related, but you will always be my sister."

Aria soon begins crying and covers her eyes "Zane!"