Chapter 121: The Turn of the Tide

Aria could feel the tension in the room as she sat with Layla for lunch. Lloyd had gone for training with the Ninja and hadn't returned yet.

"Is everything ok?" Aria breaks the silence

"Everything is fine dearest," Layla replies "How is your brother?"

"Fine," Aria answers "He and Vania are planning to get married."

"Already?" Layla chuckles "That's definitely my boy."

Aria looks confused at her mother's strange change in behavior.

"Aria," Layla spoke as she put down her fork.

Aria looks up at her mother worriedly.

"I'm sorry," Layla says as she folds her hands together "I know those words don't mean much coming from me. Years ago, in the old castle, I said those words to you, but I didn't change. I held you to a higher standard then myself. For that I'm sorry."

"Mother.." Aria's eyes filled with tears

"You know what I did to your father," Layla says "and you're better then him. You didn't let my words effect who you were. I've never said it before, but I am proud of you. I should've told you that, instead of criticizing you."

Aria stood up from her chair and ran to hug her mother. Layla slowly wrapped her arms around Aria and hugged her.

"I'm sorry, my daughter." Layla says "You've found yourself a good man, and a good family. I know you'll be safe, should anything ever happen to me."

"That means a lot, mother." Aria says

Suddenly, the doors open loudly. Lloyd and Aria's guards rushed in.

"We need to get everyone out of the city!" Reika shouts

"What's going on?" Layla asks

Kaname holds out a crystal ball, the image of the harbor shows, Gayle Gossip is reporting the rising sea level and the storms.

"I'm reporting from Ninjago Harbor where sea levels are rapidly rising, prompting an evacuation of the city. Within the past ten minutes, winds have picked up nearly twenty knots, and a storm front has come out of nowhere" She gasps as Wojira emerges "What is that?"

"Destroy them all!" Kalmaar laughs as Wojira floods the city

"I have to get back to the ninja." Lloyd says "A lot has happened."

"And why wasn't I told sooner?!" Aria asks, looking annoyed.

"There was no time," Lloyd explains "we have to stop that thing."

Lloyd rushes to the door with Aria following.

"Wait!" Layla calls out and Aria turns to her "Before, to stop the cyclone, you used your black ice, do not use this on them. Your black ice can be protentional unreversible, not even the hottest fire can melt it. If you use this in the city it can be dangerous."

"Then I won't use it," Aria replies "We'll make sure to stop them."

"I know you will," Layla smiles

Lloyd looks confused before running out the door.

"Reika, protect my mother," Aria tells her "that's an order."

"You can count on me wife!" Reika solutes her before rushing with the other knights to escort Layla to safety.

Aria smiles before running after Lloyd. The two make there way through the city, rushing to find the ninja.

"Come in guys," Lloyd speaks through his hood "I got Aria out of the palace, where are you?!"