Chapter 42: Spellbound

The Elemental Masters and Garmadon rode on a blimp above the island.

"What are you looking at, Zippy?" Jay questioned noticing Griffin staring at him

"The next one out of the Tournament" Griffin replies smirking

"He's only trying to get under your skin." Aria tells Jay

"Why so scared to show us your back, Shadow? Worried we're gonna find a tattoo and know you're working for Chen?" Kai questions

"I hope this next fight is between you and me, because I'm gonna put you on your back" Shade replies

"Tensions are high" Garmadon says to Lloyd

"Yeah, not as high as we are now. Can hardly see the island from up here" Lloyd looks out the window

Neuro stood up "I've had enough of this. I can't stand heights. Where's Chen?" He opens the door to the control room, but no one's piloting it "Ugh!"

The other elemental masters gathered around while Aria stayed in her seat.

Chen appears on screen "How do I know if this thing's on? Oh, oh, oh, I see, the light. Oh, oh, I'm on? Right now? Ahem, ahem. Hello, final eight. I see you are all eager for the tournament to commence so one of you can win my Staff of Elements. Instead of fighting for a Jadeblade, today you will be fighting for something different"

He shows them a video of Nya running into Reika before rushing into the jungle together.

"We have an uninvited guests on the island. Find her and you will automatically move onto the final round!" Chen announces

"He wants us all to hunt them down?" Jay questions "They won't stand a chance"

"In ten seconds, the bottom will drop" Chen says and everyone gasps "But to show you I'm not a bad man, I've given you eight parachutes... Sensei Garmadon is there? Shoot, that makes nine. Oh, well, I was never good at math. Heh. Toodle-oo."

"That guy's love for trapdoors is seriously getting on my nerves!" Lloyd shouts

The bottom opens and everyone falls.

"Lloyd, use your Energy Dragon!" Jay shouts

Lloyd tries to, but fails "I can't! I can't get it to work!"

Jay catches a parachute "I got one! I got one! Hahaha!"

"Your powers don't work because you aren't controlling your fear. Focus." Garmadon instructs "Control your fear. Don't let it control you. Center yourself."

Kai grabs a parachute "There's only one parachute left that I can see"

Lloyd and Garmadon both grab the last one

"They're only built for one. This is an easy decision" Garmadon says

"You're right" Lloyd opens the parachute for Garmadon and lets go.

"Lloyd!" Garmadon shouts

-

Aria lands and takes off her parachute.

"Sure, drop the princess of Ninjago out of a plane, that'll lighten your sentence." Aria dusts herself off

Chen comes on speakers "Hail, combatants, I have left a few treats to help you in the hunt. I hope you use them wisely"

Aria looks around before noticing an inappropriate carving on a tree.

"And that's my wife," Aria sighs

Aria walked through the jungle alone before coming to a clearing where the D.B. Express sat. She cautiously approaches it and looked inside.

"Master, if our men couldn't find her, why do you think they will fare much better?" Clouse questions "If the girl gets that spell to the Ninja, all of our plans will be jeopardized."

"Oh, Clousey Clouse. There's a reason why I'm the Master and you're my pupil. Why should I worry about the remaining fighters rising up against me, when after today there'll be no fighters remaining? The little treats I gave them are tracking their every move. This little game isn't about them hunting the girls, it's about hunting them" Chen laughs.

"Yes but what about the princess?" Clouse asks "Why did you send her out with them, we need her to recite the spell."

"Oh it's just a fun little game, lighten up." Chen replies

Clouse looks towards the door "I sense somebody nearby."

Aria takes off running into the forest. She followed more carvings on the tree until someone jumped on her back.

"Wifey!"

Aria quickly turned around and covered her mouth. Reika just gave her an innocent look.

"Be quiet, we're trying to not get caught." Aria lectures as she takes her hand away

"You're so hot when you're mad," Reika grins

"Thanks for the compliment dear," Aria waves her off "We have a serious issue here."

"I'll say," Reika says "that spell we found was no joke."

"Where's Nya?" Aria asks

"We split off when we saw the blimp, thought it was safer that way." Reika replies

Aria sighs before the girls go off to find some cover. Once hidden behind a group of rocks, they sat down to talk.

"So, what'd you find out about the spell?" Aria questions

"It uses elemental power to turn people with the Anacondrai tattoo into Anacondrai." Reika tells her

"Shit," Aria curses "that's another problem then."

"I know, their impenetrable hide will be hard to counter." Reika nods

"No," Aria shakes her head "sensei and I's plan for me to go undercover required extra steps I didn't want to take. Not long after we got off the boat Master Chen had me get the Anacondrai tattoo as a sign i was willing to cooperate."

Reika gasps "You're gonna turn into a snake.. hot."

"Reika please," Aria sighs

"We can always reverse it anyway can't we?" Reika questions "You won't be a snake for long."

"The problem is I don't know if I will turn into a snake," Aria explains "my father was a dragon, I'm immune to snake venom. This spell could react horribly with my DNA, we don't know what it'd do."

"Why didn't you tell Sensei then?!" Reika freaks out with worry "If you didn't know what would happen then you shouldn't have got it."

"You don't understand," Aria shakes her head "Zane's the first real brother I felt connected to, the feeling of not really belonging anywhere and how we wanted a true family. I was ready to do anything to find him."

"Aria.." Reika's look turned sad

"Besides, I didn't know about the spell." Aria tells her "Their's no point in regretting anything now, we have to stop that spell."

Reika stood up "Right, let's get to work wifey!"