Chapter 62: The Hands of Time

"I see," Layla sets her glass down "so Harumi has yet to find a suitable match."

The royal family was once again gathered together to speak about the posing topic at hand, Layla's successor.

"I'm afraid not mother," Harumi replies "but I would like to be promoted as well. My sister has had many intriguing articles written about her lately. I feel that the people should get to know me as well, seeing as the royal family is so private."

"Aria is being promoted as a ninja," Layla replies turning to her daughter "it's not unknown knowledge that she is a princess. She receives no more promotion then you are allowed."

"The people simply adore my dear sister," Zero smiles "she has helped save the city on many accounts. Are you feeling left out because the world did not bless you with elemental power as well?"

Harumi looks at him annoyed "That's not what I-"

"You misunderstand Harumi," Aria cuts her off "what Zero means to say, is that you are confined to the walls of the palace because the world is much too dangerous for you. If anything were to happen to me, you would be needed to take my place as crown princess."

"You're not the crown princess!" Harumi erupts as she stood up.

"Harumi!" Layla glares at her "Control yourself child."

"My apologies, mother," Harumi responds, sitting back down in her seat.

"The crown princess shall be one of you, but I will also postpone this decision till your coming of age ceremony Aria," Layla says turning to her "You act like a child still."

"Even so," Aria looks at her mother "As a child I saved the city. I deserve some respect from my sister, should she continue being so rude."

"That is true," Layla agrees turning to Harumi "watch how you speak to your sister from now on Harumi. You are a princess of this Empire, act like it."

"Yes mother," Harumi answers, glaring at Aria.

Zero and Aria simply smirk and turn their attention back to the meal.

"In other news," Layla speaks "The temple of time has been destroyed."

The royal family all seemed to freeze at those words.

"That can't be," Zero says in shock "That place has been heavily guarded since the beginning of your rein."

"What is the temple of time?" Harumi asks confused

"It's where the essences of time are kept." Layla responds, glancing at Aria who to her surprise didn't look confused.

"What happened to the essences of time?" Aria asks

"They're gone," Layla states turning her full attention to Aria, she folds her hands together "I expect you and the Ninja to find them, Aria."

"You can count on me mother," Aria bows her head

Zero and Aria exit the room together as Harumi and Richard stay with Layla.

"It seems our past is starting to catch up with us brother," Aria says

"How long have you remembered?" Zero questions turning to her "How long, sister?"

"That's for me to know Zero," Aria responds before turning to him "this time, I'll keep you safe."

Zero smiles as Aria walks away from him. Aria heads to the museum first, where Kai and Reika were already walking towards the entrance.

"Oh wifey~" Aria calls out