Chapter 28: Return of the Overlord

The Ninja finds Dr. Julien on the Endless Sea's shore.

"What was that sound? The horns?" Julien questions

"The Celestial Clock has reached zero. Garmadon's ultimate weapon is now operational and the Final Battle between good and evil has all but begun" Wu replies

"Now Lloyd must face his father" Misako adds

"But where's Nya?" Julian asks

"She's been taken by the Overlord, but we'll get her back. At the moment, there are bigger things at stake, including all of Ninjago itself" Wu answers "Lloyd, your focus gives strength to invoking the power of the Golden Dragon. You cannot lose faith now. Everything rests on your shoulders."

"But Sensei, you saw what happened when I tried to face my father. I-I froze. I can't fight him" Lloyd says sadly

"You must." Wu insists "It is written in the scrolls."

"Remember, your father is just as scared" Misako reminds him

Wu nods "Then the battle will be decided by who is willing to fight"

"But," Lloyd looks down "I need Aria.."

"You must find the strength to fight," Misako puts her hand on his shoulder "For her sake."

"We still haven't found her yet.." Lloyd looks up at his mother "What if.."

"No," Wu shakes his head "I don't think she is gone."

"That's right.." Misako hesitates before finishing her sentence "No matter what.. a father wouldn't kill his child."

The ninja all stopped what they were doing and looked at Misako.

"What," Kai speaks "What do you mean?"

"There's something I need to tell you, ninja," Wu says "Something I was afraid to tell you."

"Understand, it was to protect Aria," Misako adds "but we fear it has to be something you need to be prepared for."

"Whatever it is, you can tell us," Zane says

"Your sister, Aria," Wu started "is the Overlord's daughter. The man orchestrating this all."

"She's.. his daughter?" Lloyd questions shocked

"That man we saw in the past," Jay turns to the ninja "Aria's father, he was the Overlord?"

"That explains why the Empress and the elemental masters had to destroy him." Cole agrees

"Why didn't you tell us sooner?" Kai asks turning to Wu and Misako "Aria was afraid of her powers, she was afraid to hurt us, we could've helped her."

"I was afraid of how you all would react." Wu sighs "I didn't want you to turn your back on her."

"We would never," Cole says

"Yeah Sensei," Jay agrees "She's our sister."

"But, if the Overlord has Aria," Misako gets their attention "there may be a chance he will use her against us. The Overlord is known to be manipulative and can use Aria's emotions against her to send her powers out of control."

"Then we'll do as we always have," Kai smiles "Remind her who she is, our sister."

The ninja all nod in agreement.

"You all have grown," Wu smiles "I am happy to have you as my students."

-

At the shore of the island, Garmadon was standing on his new weapon with the Overlord beside him. The stone army was preparing for battle, Kozu held Aria's arms behind her back at the bottom of the weapon.