Chapter 118: Uncharted

"Good morning!" Reika opens the door to Aria's room loudly.

Reika moves her head to dodge the pillow being thrown at her. Reika laughed as she saw Lloyd, sitting up in bed shirtless, glaring at her.

"Do you have to do this every day?!" Lloyd questions angrily

"Yes, yes I do." Reika replies smugly

Aria rolled over and hugged Lloyd's waist as she grumbles "I wanna sleep in."

"You slept in the past month princess," Reika says "It's time to get back to work."

"We're newly weds, can't we have a break?" Lloyd questions tiredly.

"Evil doesn't rest and neither should you," Reika replies

"It's evil doesn't sleep," Aria replies as she sat up "ninja don't rest."

"Patato potato," Reika says "get up and get dressed before I get a nosebleed from Aria's tits."

"Get out!" Lloyd shouts, throwing another pillow as Reika closes the door.

Aria giggles as she wraps her arms around Lloyd.

"I'm glad your entertained dear," Lloyd says as he grabs her and pulls her on his lap.

"Oh I'm always entertained dear," Aria smiles

Lloyd kisses her before they start getting ready for the day. The two enter the dining room where Layla sat with Aria's guards standing around.

"Good morning mother," Aria smiles

"I hope you didn't plan on sleeping in again Aria," Layla says as she puts her cup down

"Of course not," Aria chuckles

"The ninja have been trying to get ahold of Lloyd," Layla turns to them "apparently Wu and Misako have gone missing."

"Missing?!" Lloyd freaks "How?"

"The manager of the Explorer's club had shown up at the monastery saying Misako was lost at sea," Layla tells him "She was attempting to prove her theory of an uncharted island, but has not made contact with the club for several weeks. Wu along with Clutch Powers were with her."

"We have to go look for her then," Lloyd says

"I agree, so best you go with them," Layla replies "but Aria will have to stay behind."

"What?" Aria questions "but we're married now. I can't let Lloyd go off and get lost at sea."

"Ouch," Lloyd turns to Aria "but agreed. We are married, and you're a ninja, we should go together."

"Zero is already off in Shinaro with talks of marrying Queen Vania," Layla looks at them annoyed "If Aria should disappear, Ninjago will have no heir."

"But mother-"

"Out of the question," Layla interrupts "you're staying here."

Aria looks at Lloyd and he kisses her cheek.

"I'll be back," Lloyd tells her "with the others, promise."

"Alright," Aria sighs

Lloyd runs out of the palace as Aria sat at the table with her mother. The servants began bringing out their breakfast as Layla and Aria sat in awkward silence.

"Are you angry?" Layla asks, breaking the silence.

"Of course I am," Aria mutters in response "that's my husband."

"You'd rather be with your smelly husband then your wife?" Reika pouts, getting in the middle of their discussion.

"Now now dear," Aria says "our hypothetical marriage isn't on paper, documents mean more here."

"No fair," Reika whines

"Reika," Kaname scolds gesturing to Layla.

Reika stood back up and smiled "just questioning."

Hanabusa shook his head as the other knights ignored her.

"You have a lot of responsibilities now as the crown princess, Aria," Layla tells her "playing ninja was fine when you were younger."

"Playing ninja?" Aria scoffs "I've saved this city countless of times and you won't even give me credit?"

"I've given you plenty of credit," Layla argues "it's just time you've stopped now, you're strong enough."

"Being a ninja wasn't about being stronger mother," Aria stood up "it meant something more to me."

"I know what you claim," Layla says calmly "it was family. They are not family Aria, I am your mother."

"You've.." Aria balled her fist "never been a real mother to me."

"How dare you, I've tried so hard these past years to be a good mother," Layla states "I gave you everything you wanted. I made you crown princess, you inherit everything after me, it proves your legitimacy. What else could you possibly want?"

"I don't want anything!" Aria shouts as she slams her hands on the table "You ignored me when I was a child! You told the servants to get me out of your sight! You sent me to Wu!"

"Irrational, just like your father." Layla says narrowing her eyes

"I'm nothing like my father," Aria tells her in a dark voice "I could've became the monster you feared, I could've tried to destroy this city with all my might. But I didn't, the only good thing you did was send me to Wu. He and all those guys I consider my brothers, taught me the people here were worth protecting."

"You already had a brother," Layla states

"You sent him away!" Aria shouts as tears formed in her eyes "You tore me and Zero away from each other, you saw we were getting close and chose to send him away."

"I didn't want him getting hurt," Layla argues, starting to loose her patience. "You already had everything in life, you were right, I sent you to Wu. You became stronger and you should be grateful."

"I am," Aria cries

"Then why are you whining?!" Layla stood up angrily

Hanabusa tried to intervene "Hey-"

"I'm not whining!" Aria shouts "You're ignoring every terrible thing you did!"

"I know what I've done, but I've given you so much in return." Layla replies

"Like what?" Aria questions "A wedding that you made more about you then me?! You made everything perfect, exactly how you wanted! You never once asked my opinion on anything."

"You're ungrateful, like a spoiled brat." Layla looks away from her "Get out."

"Of course you're still afraid.." Aria states as she took a step away from the table angrily "You've never gotten over that."

"You claim you're not like your father," Layla states turning back to look at Aria "but look in the mirror. You're just like him."

"Last time I checked, you were the one who turned him into who he became," Aria says

"Then Wu was right," Layla turns away from her "those who don't face their history are doomed to repeat it."

Layla began to walk away as Aria turned and looked down at the table. Aria's eyes widened as she caught her reflection in the silverware, her eyes were glowing purple.

Reika put her hand out to her "Ari-"

Aria pulled away and ran out of the room. Reika went to run after her but was stopped by both Kaname and Hanabusa.

"Let her be," Kaname says "this was long awaited."

"Let's send a letter to Lloyd and the ninja before they depart," Hanabusa suggests "Let them know what happened."

"Right.." Reika nods, she looks at the door before following the boys out

Aria ran outside into the garden and fell to her knees at her favorite tree, the same one she and Lloyd got married under.

"She's right.." Aria cries "I'm turning into daddy.."