Chapter 119: Return Home

Reika skipped down the hallway, heading to Aria's room, when she heard a noise. Reika stopped and followed the noise to a room that was cracked open. When she peered in she saw Layla sitting at her vanity, her head in her arms crying. 

Reika pressed herself against the wall and looked confused, why would Layla be crying? Reika looked around before quietly continuing her way to Aria's room.

"Morning princess!" Reika called out as she opened the door

Aria was already sitting up in bed, her glasses on, reading a book.

"Ooo," Reika entered the room "You look so sexy with glasses."

"I know," Aria replies before closing her book and looking up at Reika "What's up?"

"I got good news," Reika smiles as she sits on Aria's bed "Lloyd and the others are back, they have Wu and Misako with them."

"That's great, I'm glad they're safe." Aria replies

"..are you ok?" Reika asks "You don't seem like yourself."

"I'm fine," Aria says as she stands up from her bed "Let's go greet them."

-

The ninja along with Wu and Misako stood in the main hall, neither Layla or Aria were there yet.

"Why does the air seem.. tense?" Kai questions

"I agree, the castle seems on edge." Wu says "The servants are not talking in the halls like usual and the guards are not making jokes."

"Yeah, I've never seen Hanabusa this quiet." Jay agrees

"I can still hear you!" Hanabusa shouts from the door

"Everything was fine before I left," Lloyd tells the others, looking confused. "Something must've happened."

Hanabusa opened the door and Aria walked into the room with Reika behind her.

"Welcome back guys," Aria says

"Aria?!" they all shout

The ninja, Wu, and Misako immediately rushed over to her.

"What happened?!" Wu asks frantically

"What do you mean?" Aria questions calmly "What's wrong?"

"What's wrong?!" Jay shouts grabbing her shoulders "Your eyes!"

"They are mixed," Zane tells her sounding concerned "Your powers appear to be unstable, your eyes are both green and purple."

"Oh, yeah," Aria nods "They've been like that since the fight with my mother."

"You had a fight with your mother?" Misako asks "About what?"

"Just mother daughter things," Aria replies "Nothing to be concerned about."

"The unstableness of your powers are both dangerous to you and others around you," Wu tells her "this is a very serious matter."

"I'm sorry sensei," Aria says as she looks down.

"I am not mad at you, their is nothing to be sorry about," Wu says "I am worried about you."

"Me too," Lloyd chimes in as he grabs her hand

Aria pulled her hand away from Lloyd, who looked shocked by her actions.

"Best to be safe then sorry dear," Aria tells him "Sorry."

"I don't care Ari," Lloyd says "I'm your husband."

"That's what I told her," Reika chimes in "but she doesn't want anyone touching her."

Aria shakes her head "Moving on, what happened at the island."

"Well, a lot," Jay says "I almost got sacrificed."

"You almost got sacrificed?" Aria questions

"Yeah but I was like, ha, nobody wants Jay." Kai tells her

"Except me!" Nya says annoyed

"Yeah, Nya loves me." Jay nods

"That's cause you're married now," Aria turns to him "She's kinda stuck with you."

"Nya," Jay pouts and looks at her

"They are messing with you Jay," Nya says as she pats his shoulder.

"The good thing is that we were able to escape safely," Zane turns to Aria "and we are back."

"Right," Aria agrees

"So.. where is your mother?" Cole asks hesitantly

"I do not know," Aria answers "we've been avoiding each other except for business. You all should head home and get rest."

"We will, thank you Aria." Wu smiles

Lloyd takes Aria's hand as the ninja leave, and holds it tight.

"..I won't pull away this time," Aria tells him "you don't have to hold me so tightly."

"Yes I do," Lloyd says as he turns to her "I just don't want you to disappear."

"I won't," Aria replies

"I'm just afraid.." Lloyd tells her "Not of you, of what you're thinking. I feel helpless cause I don't know how to make you feel better."

"Just being here helps," Aria closes her eyes and smiles "thank you Lloyd."