Chapter 53: Grave Danger

Aria sat by Lloyd's cage as a guard while Morro possessed Ronin's body to send a fake message to the ninja.

"Aria," Lloyd whispers weakly

"Working on a plan here dear," Aria mutters to him with a slight smile "did you really think I'd leave you behind?"

Lloyd smiles weakly before they turn their attention back to Morro who separated from Ronin's body.

"Pretty good impersonation." Ronin groans "But they'll never buy it was me."

"We shall see." Morro replies

"You're no Green Ninja." Lloyd glares at Morro "The Green Ninja would never need to lie."

"Oh, you won't be the Green Ninja for long." Morro chuckles "Save your strength, because I'll be needing it." he turns to the ghosts "Prepare for a voyage, we head to the tomb at dawn."

"What about Ronin?" the Soul Archer asks

"Leave him," Morro answers "He's worthless now."

"Hopefully not as worthless as me," Aria says as she walks towards Morro "as long as you're a ghost, water is a danger to you."

"I know you're worried for me dear, but that's why I have green boy over there," Morro gestors to Lloyd before turning back to her "What's with that other Aria I saw? The blonde with green eyes?"

"My mother's last attempt at creating a perfect daughter, a replica of me," Aria lies flawlessly "but no big deal. She's nothing more then a corpse in the sea now, right?"

"Of course," Morro replies "my Aria is a one of a kind beauty. I couldn't be fooled by a fake."

"You're sweet," Aria smiles "let's prepare to leave."

Morro nods before flying off to his other ghosts.

"I'm gonna punch him if he touches me again," Aria mutters as she sits beside Lloyd

"As soon as I have power again, me too," Lloyd agrees quietly

-

With the help of Aria, Morro made his way safely through the tomb. They were currently stuck on the 3rd riddle. As Aria walked through the maze she kept staring at her reflection. She stopped to examine herself closely, was this how she really looked? She's been dying her hair blonde for as long as she could remember.

Aria put her hand on the crystal "I wonder what I was really like in my past life.."

She soon heard shouting and hid behind the crystals.

"Wait a minute, I think I see me" Cole suddenly says and takes a closer look, but it's not him "It's Morro! He's in the maze too!"

Morro appears and swings his sword at Jay.

Jay runs away "Aah! He's attacking an unarmed man!"

Kai then ran behind the crystal Aria was behind and ran straight into her, knocking them both to the ground.

"He-" Kai was about to attack but stopped when he noticed it was Aria

"It's just me!" Aria shouts

"Sorry!" Kai quickly stoop up and pulled her to her feet "You have no idea how worried we all were when we got your letter. Does he trust you?"

"With some questionable convincing.. yes," Aria replies looking away

"Questionable.." Kai thought to himself before looking at her "Anything Lloyd wouldn't be happy about?"

"Nope," Aria shook her head "Where's Reika?"

"On the bounty with Nya and Wu," Kai replies

"Good.. she'd make me break character," Aria chuckles "she'd simp for this, but I can't change character until I know Lloyd's safe."